Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #169

When my wife and I got married, we both quit our jobs and travelled around the world for 18 months... a song that reminds us of that trip long ago is "southern cross " by Crosby still & Nash. Its about a guy who travelled around the world on a ship named "Music ". We call our MH "Melody " and we love travelling with our 2 boys. We are very blessed to have our own ship.

2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 (Melody), Folkstone
2013 Jeep Rubicon, Ready Brute Elite & Currie Ent Baseplate
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #170
How about "Big Bertha". She was a 42cm howitzer that was, at the time world's largest and most powerful. It was named after the wife of the owner of the plant that it was built in.

2013 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS
2015 Ford F350 Super Duty 4X4 Diesel Long Bed Lariet
harryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #171
Since we foster and adopt special needs kids, and once gave as many as 65 doses of medicine a day to the kids (plus ours), we call our MH Hammett's Rx. Were actually up to Hammett's Rx3
Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #172
When I bought my RV my kids came up to me at the dealership and asked if they could name the RV. I said sure, and then they told me that they wanted to name it "Rolling Turd". I was surprised, and quite frankly more than a little insulted by their choice in name. Afterall, I thought I was doing something nice for the family by buying an RV. Before I could respond, I had to go and sign the paperwork. A few weeks went by before the topic of naming came up again, at which point I expressed my displeasure with their choice in names. They broke out in hysterical laughter and told me to watch the movie RV with Robin Williams. Admittedly, I had seen the movie before, so they thought I knew they were joking the whole time. I just hadn't seen the movie in a long time and had totally forgetten about the name in the movie. We still haven't settled on a name yet.
PGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:07 PM   #173
She's has a bit too much weight and has a temper. She is The "Bridget Jones"
C350AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #174
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bertha has departed, and Elvis is now part of the family

We really weren't shopping to replace Bertha (she was a '97 HR Endeavor) and we loved her, but my wife was really pushing for a bedroom slide and I need more horsepower...the 275 CAT was a great motor, but not enough to pull my CRV through the mountains. We stumbled across a 2007 HR Endeavor in like new condition and bought it on the spot. On the way home, we agreed the coach was bigger and the paint job was sexy as all heck....so naturally we decided (bigger, more power, etc) this coach must be a "he". We started running through names and my wife mentioned she likes Elvis Andrus (she is a big Ranger's fan) and I liked the name "Elvis" also, but was thinking of being able to say when we leave on a trip that "Elvis has left the building"....yeah, I know...bad, but I can't help it. So, even though we both are thinking of different people when we named him, Elvis he is!
'07 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PRQ ("Elvis"), and our 2012 CRV toad
B52Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:00 PM   #175
Winnebago Owners Club
Our first MH was a 30' Pace Arrow from the 80's that got named the "Queen Mary." Now we're on our second MH, the '94 Adventurer, so we kept the boat theme and named her "QE2." While we were full-timing last year, I had a Wi-Fi repeater set up inside the coach and made that the network ID.
Eric & Holly + 2 kitties from New Hampshire
1992 Winnebago Adventurer 32'
AdvntureCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #176
Have an epileptic dog. Her name is Dakota, but the grandkids have named her KoKo. Well we couldn't travel without her as she gets a lot of different medications from 7 am, to 11 pm. So we bought her a Class A 34' Pace Arrow Vision. And the Rv's name is.........(drum roll) The KOKO BUS, with vanity plates to match.
robertfruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #177
Do ya

We had a difficult time coming up with a name for our newest rig. Beaver - well we really got the cringe response to everything beaver from our 16 year old granddaughter - The Beve (as in Leave It To Beaver), etc. BTW, in German it's Bieber - we simply couldn't go there.
However, Sandy's from OK and, if she so chose to, can enroll on the Cherokee rolls. In Cherokee, beaver translates to "Do ya". Well, we're finally doing it.
Bill, Sandy & our GSP Lilly
Bill Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #178
The Flying Fortress. Named after the airplane that had a reputation for being able to be shot full of holes, but always being able to make it back to base.

A few years back, we lost an alternator around 8:00 pm on a Sunday night in a remote area of WI. Pulled over and within a short time, it was obvious the alternator needed to be replaced before we could move on. Wondering where I was going to get an alternator at that time of the night on a Sunday, I remembered that 9 years earlier, I had stashed a working, lower output alternator in the back of a cabinet. So, I went back to the cabinet and pulled out the spare. DW just stared in complete disbelief. Within 15 minutes, we were back on the road. It was after that time, I realized that while having been broken down many times over the years, we've never been left stranded. Somehow, some way, we have always been able to either limp to a parts store, or rig up whatever we needed to get back going again. So that is when I thought of the name. 80K miles, and 12 years running, it still honors its name, The Flying Fortress, because she always makes it back to base.
'83 Revcon Prince 31' FWD FMCA F298817
502 w/Howell/GM ECM/Edelbrock MPFI,Thorley's & Magnaflows, 4L85E 4 spd, KoniFSD
Daveinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #179
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I got my RV, I immediately removed the manufactures name, 1-800 number and www website. The only lettering on my entire RV is 'OUTLAW' so it understandable the license plate reads "HIDEOUT". Hence the name of my home.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #180
We named ours after our first sailboat. Our 2003 Expedition is named "Fresh Air Too"
Skipper Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:48 AM   #181

Winnebago Owners Club
We retired last year and took a five-month long road trip, including a bucket-list caravan through Alaska. When asked how her parents were doing, my daughter replied to a friend, "They just spent five months in a hallway and they're still together." So, our coach is now "The Hallway!"
2012 Itasca Meridian 36M
2012 Jeep Wrangler
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #182
Tiffin Owners Club
A few years ago our 3 year old started refering to our mh as the 'daddy bus'. The name stuck and since then we've upgraded to the 'new daddy bus' (although it's still usually referred to as the 'daddy bus')

michelb is offline   Reply With Quote