Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Since we don't "yet" have a Natinal RV forum here on iRV2; I though I would share my experience with NRV here.

We just returned from a week in Central FL and 2 days at the NRV Factory Service Center in Lakeland. The folks at NRV really made us feel at home; we spent two days on site and camped right on their lot.

We had all of our service concerns answered to our satisfaction. One of the larger items was a wrinkle in the roof at the rear corner. It wasn't leaking and seemed to be very tight but the NRV Tech spend about 4 hours refinishing the fiberglass and make it look like new.

We also had bubbles in the paint on the right rearview mirror housing--they had to order new mirrors which will be replaced on our next trip or installed by a local dealer if we want. We also had the housing around the backup camera replaced. While doing this, the Tech removed the plastic flim over the lens and I wish he had not dont that; now I have a lot of glar when the sun shines on the rear of the coach. Anyone else have this problem?

One thing I would do different is to NOT arrive in Lakeland on Sunday. We spend Sunday night at the Lakeland RV Resort then went to the shop on Monday morning. The next time I will arrange for a Tuesday appointment and upon arrival in Lakeland on Monday go directly to NRV and spend the night at their facility. They do not have water or power but dry camping was just fine with the mild spring temps. They are also very pet friendly...

It was a great experience talking with the Techs and picking their brain on service tips and getting some of the "inside" scoop on our MH. We also enjoyed looking at the new models being preped on the lot.

If a trip to Lakeland is in your future just remember to give them about 6 weeks advance notice when making a reservation and keep them informed on "exactly" what is broke so they can schedule enough time to get you fixed. The only downside to NRV Lakeland is that they are a "Warranty Only" facility--wish we could use their service beyond the 1 year mark.

Okay, anybody know why we don't have that National RV Forum yet??

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Since we don't "yet" have a Natinal RV forum here on iRV2; I though I would share my experience with NRV here.

We just returned from a week in Central FL and 2 days at the NRV Factory Service Center in Lakeland. The folks at NRV really made us feel at home; we spent two days on site and camped right on their lot.

We had all of our service concerns answered to our satisfaction. One of the larger items was a wrinkle in the roof at the rear corner. It wasn't leaking and seemed to be very tight but the NRV Tech spend about 4 hours refinishing the fiberglass and make it look like new.

We also had bubbles in the paint on the right rearview mirror housing--they had to order new mirrors which will be replaced on our next trip or installed by a local dealer if we want. We also had the housing around the backup camera replaced. While doing this, the Tech removed the plastic flim over the lens and I wish he had not dont that; now I have a lot of glar when the sun shines on the rear of the coach. Anyone else have this problem?

One thing I would do different is to NOT arrive in Lakeland on Sunday. We spend Sunday night at the Lakeland RV Resort then went to the shop on Monday morning. The next time I will arrange for a Tuesday appointment and upon arrival in Lakeland on Monday go directly to NRV and spend the night at their facility. They do not have water or power but dry camping was just fine with the mild spring temps. They are also very pet friendly...

It was a great experience talking with the Techs and picking their brain on service tips and getting some of the "inside" scoop on our MH. We also enjoyed looking at the new models being preped on the lot.

If a trip to Lakeland is in your future just remember to give them about 6 weeks advance notice when making a reservation and keep them informed on "exactly" what is broke so they can schedule enough time to get you fixed. The only downside to NRV Lakeland is that they are a "Warranty Only" facility--wish we could use their service beyond the 1 year mark.

Okay, anybody know why we don't have that National RV Forum yet??

Old 03-28-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Last year when I called NRV Lakeland they told me there was now one bay that would do "Customer Pay" work.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree with your assesment of the customer satisfaction at the Lakeland facility. They go out of their way to answer your questions. They are very friendly and happy to help.
I just wish I could get Chassis work done there also.
Glad you had a good experience.