Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #1

Need a little advice about waterline damage

All,

I have a 1999 Fleetwood Pace Arrow and last year the main water lines under the floor froze and basically fell apart. I cannot figure out for the life of me ow to access them. So far Iv'e ripped up the carpet in the bedroom floor looking for an access panel, cut a hole under the bed and evidently through an aluminum support tube (it actually looks pretty important and I really wish I hadn't done that!), and destroyed the flooring in the bathroom. It's like chasing my tail. Iv'e looked under the rig, and in the storage compartments and still no access panel! The line I need to replace runs parallel to the grey tank under the floor and from under the bed forward toward the kitchen about 8' of water line needs to be replaced. I can see that the lines have a 90 degree elbow 8' away but like I said, can't figure out how to get there. What do you think? Chain saw? haha...I'm about to junk this thing over $10 worth of PVC. At a minimum all the flooring in the back of the coach needs replacing. I'll listen to anything anyone has to offer! Thank you...

Bob
Taco29wps is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2017, 09:26 PM   #2

Access panel? I doubt the factory anticipated your problem, unfortunately, but I am not familiar with the coach.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco29wps View Post
All,

I have a 1999 Fleetwood Pace Arrow and last year the main water lines under the floor froze and basically fell apart. I cannot figure out for the life of me ow to access them. So far Iv'e ripped up the carpet in the bedroom floor looking for an access panel, cut a hole under the bed and evidently through an aluminum support tube (it actually looks pretty important and I really wish I hadn't done that!), and destroyed the flooring in the bathroom. It's like chasing my tail. Iv'e looked under the rig, and in the storage compartments and still no access panel! The line I need to replace runs parallel to the grey tank under the floor and from under the bed forward toward the kitchen about 8' of water line needs to be replaced. I can see that the lines have a 90 degree elbow 8' away but like I said, can't figure out how to get there. What do you think? Chain saw? haha...I'm about to junk this thing over $10 worth of PVC. At a minimum all the flooring in the back of the coach needs replacing. I'll listen to anything anyone has to offer! Thank you...

Bob

Bob,

Have you thought about just running a new water line instead of replacing that one, maybe you could make your own main line, it could be longer and have more elbows in it, might save you from tearing up the rest of your RV.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #4

I second the advice to just abandon the old line and install a new one anywhere you can find the space. I have done it many times in an old unit. It is just easier and the extra weight in a class A is hardly ever a problem.

Good Luck.
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:29 PM   #5

Agree! Use a fish tape and run pex in its place. You'll probably eliminate a few elbows at the same time.
buzz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 AM   #6

Thanks for the responses everyone! I'll take everything into consideration and have another look at it tonight after work with your ideas in mind!

Bob
Old 03-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #7

I replaced the cpvc water lines with pex by removing the spare tire and gaining access to the basement from the rear sanitation bay. the rear panel had screw fasteners once removed it was possible to fish the water lines and connect to the wet bay. I have 1998 southwind hope this helps..
oran42348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #8

Looking from underneath ..above my fuel tank and between the frame is where my access panel is located. the 90 ell comes through the floor in the bathroom about midway and along side of the bath tub in the aluminum channel also contains water lines and electrical line. I also had to cut the floor in the bathroom to make the plumbing connections. i used a reciprocating saw to cut the floor just enough to get to the 90 ell. The kitchen water supply line runs from bathroom in the aluminum channel across hallway to under closet and is easily accessed . your coach maybe plumbed differently than my southwind however hope this info helps..i feel your pain...hope this helps
oran42348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Call fleetwood. They will have the diagrams for your coach and will send them to you. They might also be able to tell you how to access them. They are very helpfull
Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #10

Would like to thank everyone for the replies/advice. I finally found where the lines were broken but couldn't reach them to replace them. Theres a channel under the floor that runs from under the tub to the bathroom sink. One is a cold water supply line that supplies water to the entire coach via the city water hook up. The other line is the hot water line that comes from the water heater to the bath sink and has a return line back to the hook up panel to provide hot water to the washing station outside. I cut them off and spliced in new pieces deleting the original supply in line and the hot water return. Then i ran new lines up under the bed and tapped into the cold in/hot out line of the water heater that were running under the bed along the wall. Boom. Got it. No leaks and it works perfectly. Fired up the water heater to be sure and everything worked like it should. Word of advice...make sure you properly winterize your coach...if you don't, you'll pay dearly! Thanks again and cheers!

Tags
advice, water