Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2018, 04:24 PM   #1

Need advice on 2018 Coachmen Mirada 31FW

We are thinking of purchasing a new (demo) but are not familiar with the quality or any issues on this model or the Coachman brand, good or bad. Thank you in advance for your responses.
jlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You'll hear vaied stories but ....

We have a 2018 35KB Mirada after (4) Winnebago products and (1) Tiffin. I'm a Coachmen customer for life at this point. PM me for any specific questions. Thanks. Eric
Arkie_ENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #3

We have a 2018 Mirada Select 37LS and are very satisfied. As with most new coaches, we have had some minor warranty issues - all repaired under Forrest River/Coachmen warranty. Thus far customer service has been A+ and extremely helpful. They shipped replacement items directly to us that normally would have been sent to the dealer.

Thus far we are - 'Happy Campers'!

Same invitation as 'Arkie_ENT', pm if you have any concerns.

V/r
Steve
campersRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:41 AM   #4
WDW

Need advice on 2018 Coachmen Mirada 31FW

Coachmen Class As are a mid quality, boutique MH. Built in the historic Plant 310 which was designed for that specific type of production. That’s all they build there. There is a separate factory across the street it builds all the other things that you see with the same brand name. They build three levels of class A’s. An entry level in the Pursuit, a mid level in the Mirada and a higher end in the diesel sports coach. They only build about five of these today. Generally with a team of people when it which of been there for many many years. I have witnessed production prior to the massive demand We’ve been in the last two years and back then quality control was very good. The most important thing is that there warranty people have stood tall in the saddle in supporting units for both myself and other owner.

So I guess you can surmise that we are enthusiastic Coachmen when owners.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:05 AM   #5

Generally speaking, Coachmen motorhomes are more average than upper tier, which doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. If your are looking for higher quality, look at motorhomes made by Tiffin or Newmar. If you are new to the market, I encourage you to do a lot of looking and see how the different brands compare. And, many feel that it's better to buy a higher quality used motorhome than new. When we purchased travel trailers, we purchased new. But with motorhomes, even if we had the budget for buying new, I would buy new and shoot for higher quality as there are so many on the market. The savings on buying used could cover the cost of an extended warranty plan.

In looking at used gas motorhomes, we definitely saw the differences in quality and pretty much narrowed our search to Tiffin, Newmar and Winnebago/Itasca products, but with our budget, wouldn't have ruled out something else if it really impressed us for quality and "bang for the buck".

So, just take some time and really look at different coaches and compare before making a decision. And....good luck!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:28 AM   #6

Thank you very much for your reply to my inquiry about the 2018 Coachman Mirada 31 FW.
We have been busy! Made a deal on one late Friday. Will not be ready for pickup until week after Thanksgiving.
I do have a question....how does yours drive / handle? Have you added any type of steering assist,etc.? Any problems with long slide? Any heads up you might have would be much appreciated. We are pretty much new to irv2.
Thanks again,
Jim / Lori
Old 11-18-2018, 07:30 AM   #7

Thank you very much for your reply to my inquiry about the 2018 Coachman Mirada 31 FW.
We have been busy! Made a deal on one late Friday. Will not be ready for pickup until week after Thanksgiving.
I do have a question....how does yours drive / handle? Have you added any type of steering assist,etc.? Any problems with long slide? Any heads up you might have would be much appreciated. We are pretty much new to irv2.
Thanks again,
Jim / Lori
Old 11-18-2018, 08:28 AM   #8

Congrats
We have the 29 pusuit and love it,I did the chf and the roadmaster steering stabilizer and I'm very happy with the way it handles.
Anything other questions feel free to ask.
Mr Nuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada, advice, mirada, coachmen