Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2015, 07:52 PM   #1

Need an RV service center in Texas

We are looking to upgrade our wet cell coach batteries (they currently only last 2 hours not plugged in) to a new battery bank of 6 AGMs. We'll be wintering in Texas. Interested in service centers I can trust anywhere from Amarillo, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, to Corpus Christi.

Thanks in advance,
John
RvDailyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvDailyLife View Post
We are looking to upgrade our wet cell coach batteries (they currently only last 2 hours not plugged in) to a new battery bank of 6 AGMs. We'll be wintering in Texas. Interested in service centers I can trust anywhere from Amarillo, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, to Corpus Christi.

Thanks in advance,
John
Crestview RV in Buda, Tx about 30 miles south of Austin on I-35. Same exit as the big Cabelas store.

Cedric is the service manager, and he is honest and trustworthy.

Crestview has another location N. of Austin, but I always go to Cedric. The dealership sells Tiffin and WBGO coaches and Jayco trailers, among others.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #3

John,
I recently saw a post about Doggett Freightliner of San Antonio(I think it is actually in Converse). The poster gave the shop a good recommendation and stated they have a separate shop for RV repair. It might worth checking it out if you are near the area.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
The Freightliner in San Antonio is great. They do have a separate RV work area. They work on a lot of big and expensive RV. Don't use CW in New Braunfels, Tx.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
ferg182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Have not used them myself but Iron Horse Rv in San Antonio has had a bunch of good reviews and comments. Check out www.rvservicereviews.com.
Good luck, good health and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #6

American Coach Owners Club
Iron Horse RV in San Antonio. Great people, great service, reasonable prices, great work. I just had them install a residential refer, service all my AC's and repair one, fix my dryer and service my Hydrohot. When I got there to pick up the coach it was pulled around waiting, had been washed and was ready to go. Great group of people.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
Crestview RV in Buda, Tx about 30 miles south of Austin on I-35. Same exit as the big Cabelas store.

Cedric is the service manager, and he is honest and trustworthy.

Crestview has another location N. of Austin, but I always go to Cedric. The dealership sells Tiffin and WBGO coaches and Jayco trailers, among others.
I use the Georgetown location (north of Austin on I-35) and have never had a bad experience. I don't have a service manager name to offer though. I've never had to ask for one.
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 08:30 AM   #8

I use Texas RV Supply in San Antonio. Good work, reasonable. Ask for Tony the service manager.
wigginsjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #9

i will also recommend Iron Horse. they did great work and were very resonable
Old 07-22-2015, 06:15 PM   #10

Great, Thank You Everyone! I'll check them all out.
RvDailyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'd go with Texas RV before Iron Horse. If you are on the west side of San Antonio out around Boerne try Lesters Automotive.
fatguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #12

Gulf Streamers Club
Hart's Mobile Service RV and Generator in Grand Prairie, TX (Sort of central Dallas Metroplex). I am a total newbie who needed a generator put in my Craigslist "Deal of the Century" 1993 Gulf Stream Class A. He and his son put one in and fixed the plumbing and cleaned the AC and got me on the road in less than a week. He's a busy man because people know he does it right. He's certainly got my business.
novoclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:30 PM   #13

reliable repairs

Just picked up this thread, probably too late for the originator. Dogget Freightliner in San Antonio received a lot of bad press a few yrs ago . they are evidently under other ownership. Had my 37ftCat DP in for service and check up , outstanding service ! JD is the man to speak to. Other for related problems is a small but very efficient co. called Texas Country RV at Canyon Lake. Joe Ruff and his crew are very good and I would highly recommend them.
capnj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, texas