Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Angry need assistance to find legal help

hi i have a new unit bought august 28 2011 and have had issue after issue after issue, its in the shope more than my possetion, now the manufacturer says that they are not responsable to fix the unit. so i need to find a lawyer and not sure what type of lawyer i need any help would be apreciated

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #2

I'll send you the number of my lawyers......Weil, Cheatam, & Runn...

Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
First thing you'll find is that in most states the house portion of an RV is not covered by a Lemon Law. Only the chassis portion of a motorized RV is, and then only for safety defects.
Then you'll probably find that the attorneys fees will cost more than what you could recover by suing.

Ours is Dewe, Cheatem and Howe.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #4

That's unfortunate. I suggest asking for referrals in your local area. Try checking with your CPA, or other professional level people you know. It's usually not at all difficult finding an attorney interested in this type of case...
Old 06-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbooth25
hi i have a new unit bought august 28 2011 and have had issue after issue after issue, its in the shope more than my possetion, now the manufacturer says that they are not responsable to fix the unit. so i need to find a lawyer and not sure what type of lawyer i need any help would be apreciated
We have had many issues with our new coach as well, BUT have never had an problem with the manufacturer or our dealer in getting them attended to, and after the trip we are on now, we will have a couple/ three more. So, if i may ask what type of problems are you having?
ChileRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #6

If you are having repeat problems with something on the unit, the Moss-
Magnuson Act will not allow the builder to walk away from the problem.
If this is just many different problems, an attorney might be your way to go.
Good Luck
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Jim,

Attorneys don't scare these guys. They have corporate counsel in house that field these issues for them on a daily basis at no additional cost to them. For example, the customer service manager at Tiffin is also their corporate counsel. Your best bet is to establish a rapport with their customer service manager and work toward a resolution of your problems. Maybe have the repair issues resolved at another service facility they will approve. You have to approach it as a business issue as calmly as you can.

Dave
Old 06-13-2012, 07:26 PM   #8

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by southland View Post
If you are having repeat problems with something on the unit, the Moss-
Magnuson Act will not allow the builder to walk away from the problem.
If this is just many different problems, an attorney might be your way to go.
Good Luck
That depends on how the warranty is written. A manufacturer doesn't even have to offer a warranty, but they do have to state that if they don't.
If they offer a warranty, and refuse to honor it, then you will need to sue them and again, the cost of that may be prohibitive unless you are also awarded court/attorneys fees.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
First thing to do is to write a letter to the dealer listing all items that are wrong and what you expect to be done. Then give them a time table for a response and a time table to complete the the repairs. Send all copies of repair tickets you have.

Send the letter by registered mail with a return receipt. Also get the name and address of the CEO for the company and send him a registered letter.

Now you have put the dealer and the manufacturer on formal written notice. Any verbal communication with the dealer or manufacturer, keep good notes with time, date and who you spoke too. It would not be a bad idea to follow up all verbal communications with a letter to the manufacturer and dealer summarizing the conversation.
Also send a copy of all all correspondence to your State Attorney General's office.

Also send a letter to Good Sam asking for help through their consumer affairs department.

Good luck, Ken
Old 06-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
hi guys i have tried all these avenues and nothing happens, the problems i am having are the same over and over and new ones cuased by thouse problems, they only want to fix the old stuff not the damage done from thouse issues, i have moved to a new dealer that the manufacturer agreed to, and its the only other one withen a decent time/ mialage to me, the manufacturer spockes men is the G.M. of the man. I have been down the road with good sam with fialing legal documents aginst the dealer and the manufacturer but good sam can only do so mutch and as we sit here we are waiting to hear back fom both the original dealer and manufaturer, I do have a 1 year warrenty that is suppose to cover these issues or so the dealer said, at the end of march talked to the manufaturer and they agreeded to fix the unit back to the way i bought it well i have had it to the dealer and back since so i can use it whial they wait for parts, well just was told by the new dealer who is trying to do what they can to get me back in it and keep it that all the damage will not be covered beacuse the manufacturer says its user err. I am just fed up with this it has been almost a whole year of dealing with this and i am over it. I have writted letters, and i have contacted the B.B.B and also contacted the distric attorny they were the ones that said i need a lawyer so the lawyer can file the proper paper work with their office. so thats where i stand at this point, yes i can traid the unit in on another but why would i want to pay for two units and also raise my payment, it took me 3 years to find this one.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cut out big yellow lemons and put the dealers name and phone number on them and park the RV on a public lot as near the dealer as possible. Drive by the dealer several times on Saturday and see if that gets his attention.

Ken
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman
Cut out big yellow lemons and put the dealers name and phone number on them and park the RV on a public lot as near the dealer as possible. Drive by the dealer several times on Saturday and see if that gets his attention.

Ken
I think it will

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #13

Have you tried going to the factory for the repairs? At the factory, the manufacturer does not have to train a dealer and pay the dealer to learn how to fix your rig. Good Luck!
Kpjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
i have a brother in law that has a printing company, was gonna see if he can make a couple of banners for me to hang on the side of the coach and i want to take it to the big rv show here in town ( the hershey,pa show) and have it there in the parking lot all weekend that that is going on. it only takes 10 min for me to get there, also want to put a see threw sticker on the side windows and the rear, and as far as taking it to the factorie they said that they cant do repairs there so it would be a pointless trip, but if i do take it there i might accidently hit the gas to hard and back into the building lol