Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2012, 12:07 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman4312 View Post
Hi all I know it's been a while since I last posted I was looking up RVs in my area and happend to stumble upon a local dealer with an extensive stock. So I took a trip down to the dealer and spent about two hours on the lot looking at different class A Rvs. I ended up checking out a 2012 Fleetwood expidition 38B and instantly fell in love with the thing it has exactly what me an my family need. We are still thinking about it and I wanted to get your guys opinion do you feel this is a good choice?
Nice floor plan with the full wall slide, do they offer a King Bed option?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is a fine rig....what kind of coast...have u compared??...what motor....these r big points ....jim
jponyboyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #17

I believe the Expedition 38S is a full wall slide with bath and 1/2.

Jim

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
I'm going to offer a different thought. You said you had to talk your wife into this so maybe in the long run RV'ing may not work out. I'd suggest you go for smaller & inexpensive (or even rent) for two reasons - less initial expense plus you'll soon pick up ideas of what you want or need in a keeper RV. After a short period of time you'll have a good idea of what travel you'll want to do and the creature comforts you want in that life style.
Safe Travels
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #19

If you are not sure about either how long you will be in motorhoming, or how many trips you will take, or how long each trip will be, I would suggest looking at a bunk-bed gas model Class A like the Tiffin Allegro 35QBA, or the Winnebago version.

Having owned three motorhomes, including a 40' diesel Bus, I can tell you that the annual maintenance cost on diesels is in the $1,500 plus range unless you plan on doing the maintenance yourself. Too many first time buyers forget about the on-going ownership costs -- maintenance, insurance, storage and set-aside for wear-and-tear -- and end-up regretting their decision as they do not get enough use out of it to justify the on-going costs.

On the other-hand, the Endeavor is a great vehicle and will give you lots of great service.
Dassman55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mllk3rd View Post
Nice floor plan with the full wall slide, do they offer a King Bed option?
Yes they have both a king air bed option or a king foam bed
magicman4312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ciderdog View Post
I'm going to offer a different thought. You said you had to talk your wife into this so maybe in the long run RV'ing may not work out. I'd suggest you go for smaller & inexpensive (or even rent) for two reasons - less initial expense plus you'll soon pick up ideas of what you want or need in a keeper RV. After a short period of time you'll have a good idea of what travel you'll want to do and the creature comforts you want in that life style.
Safe Travels
Bob
Hi Bob yeah my wife is not very enthusiastic about buying a 38 foot diesel pusher as our first RV we also saw a 2012 fleetwood bounder 35K bath and a 1/2 and she thinks that is a much better discison because it's a bit smaller and still has enough room for all of us. Although I love the Expedition I can see where she is coming from so I am considering the bounder as well.
magicman4312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman4312
Thanks for the advice guys I was interested in class C as well but I started looking at class A's because I want more living space. As far as budget I am willing to spend $200,000 at most. As far as use I drive the wife and kids down to Florida every couple of weeks so I want something that's not to high mantinance(although I am aware most RVs are)
Look at Fleetwood Discovery the make a coach with bunk bedroom.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Yes they have both a king air bed option or a king foam bed
I would definitely get the king bed.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #24
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hi Bob yeah my wife is not very enthusiastic about buying a 38 foot diesel pusher as our first RV we also saw a 2012 fleetwood bounder 35K bath and a 1/2 and she thinks that is a much better discison because it's a bit smaller and still has enough room for all of us. Although I love the Expedition I can see where she is coming from so I am considering the bounder as well.
As it happens, I'm a huge fan of the 2012 Bounder. However, I'm not at all sure that it would be a good choice for a family of 5. Where will everyone sleep? If you plan to covert the dining table every night, then back every morning...this will get old very fast. If we still had kiddos at home, I would definitely be shopping for a bunk option and probably a Class C. Good luck with your choice, but please think carefully about the actual "living" in the moho.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #25

Welcome to the wonderful world of RV'ing! I wanted to reiterate the rent before you buy idea! My wife and I rented coaches every summer for four years before we pulled the trigger on buying a coach. Our first trip was two weeks and the last three were between four and six weeks.

By the time we decided to purchase a coach we knew exactly what we wanted. With six of us in the family (not counting the dog), everyone was very opinionated about what they wanted. We ended up purchasing a 2012 Fleetwood Discovery 40G. It has served us very well and the wife and I love it. The bunk room is great for the kids! We also purchased one with the u-shaped dinette (with two extra chairs it makes it easy to seat six at the table). Another option that has served is well (especially living in Texas) has been the third a/c. I would highly recommend the Discovery product!

Good luck in your search!
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome