Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-10-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Need help on finding bunkhouse Class A MH

My wife & I just joined this forum but have been reading a lot here for the past few months.

So after studying about MH's for quite sometime and trying to decide what we want, what we need and what we can afford, we have come up with what we would like, but as you know t's very confusing to find who made what when, so we came here for help.

We would like a MH that:
is gas
is used (we can't afford new) Our budget is around 60K or less
under 34' 9" total including rear ladder (saves us $1200/yr for covered storage
we'd like a bunkhouse version because I'd like to convert that area into a small office work area so I can con't to work when we are on the road for 4-6 weeks at a time
2 slides (and no kitchen on the slide)
We like the Ford chassis version the most
would like to have the most kitchen counter area as possible

From what we've read, the manufacturers that we like and feel the safest with are: Newmar, Tiffen, Fleetwood, Winnie/Itasca and maybe Thor.

Now that's kind of our guidelines but of course we're flexible depending on what's out there. I'm just concerned that getting a bunkhouse version with a 34' 9" layout might be very difficult.

But trying to find what manufacturers floor plans kinda fit this model is nearly impossible. We have the Holiday Rambler 32H, and Thor 33G as two choices but thought we'd post this question to you all who have been around a lot longer than we have in this arena and may be able to help us cut-to-the-chase. Are there any other models that come to mind that are close to this config.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #2
Jayco Owners Club
If you could find an old Jayco Precept 29UR (Fridge is in slide, but the rest of the kitchen isn't), that might fit the bill.

TechDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a Winne 35-J that fits your needs (except it's 35'3") It's an '08 that would probably fit the budget. They made lots of them- we have had no issues with it and I do all my own maint. It's not for sale but you'll probably find another with some searching...probably 40 to 60k depending on year and condition.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #4
Our previous Motorhome was a Fleetwood 32BH. Ford v-10 chassis, bunks and decent kitchen counter space. Ours was a 2011, they still make this model, don't know how many years back it was available. For your target of $60,000 you should be able to purchase a 2013/2014.
Tara is our Border Collie daughter.
2014 Winnegabo Forza 34T
Dragging a 2011 Cadillac SRX, very nicely!
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #6
winne builds a bunkhouse in a couple of models also thor 60 g should buy a relatively newer model 2013 2014

oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote

class a, need help