Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2015, 04:25 PM   #1

Need help with rear view camera

Hello, I washed my MH at a carwash yesterday and the backup camera is just green on the screen - twice it was gray and black but turns solid green having no view. How can I fix it?
Stinson

Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2015, 08:52 PM   #2

My best guess is water inside the camera.

I'd check the connectors inside the rear cap and the connectors at the monitor.

If you have side view cameras, do these display properly on the monitor?

To really trouble shoot, you need either a spare camera to connect directly to the monitor, or a spare monitor to connect to the existing camera.

Hopefully, you'll get other responses that may have other suggestions.

Fred

Old 09-17-2015, 03:32 AM   #3

Need help with rear view camera

Okay, I will check the leads. I do not have side view cameras. Does the solid green screen mean that connections are okay but there must be water in the camera eye at the back of the MH?
Old 09-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
Okay, I will check the leads. I do not have side view cameras. Does the solid green screen mean that connections are okay but there must be water in the camera eye at the back of the MH?
If you own an Avanti 2806 please advise where the panel is located to reach the camera. Could it be behind the mirror for it is not located within the overhead cabinet.
Thank you,
Stinson
Old 09-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #5

Need help with Avanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
If you own an Avanti 2806 please advise where the panel is located to reach the camera. Could it be behind the mirror for it is not located within the overhead cabinet.
Thank you,
Stinson
Okay, so the access panel to the rear view camera is not located inside the MH for the 2011 Avanti 2806. Not behind the mirror or within the rear overhead cabinet. For fear of unscrewing the outside bensil and the camera dropping behind the full MH end cap, I need to know how to remove the center outside top red light lens, chrome piece to access the camera. How can I remove this without breaking the plastic chrome piece to remove the light unit?
Thank you,
Stinson
Old 09-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Had same problem. Remove the camera and pull the cable out until you find the connection. Go to your auto parts store and get some light bulb grease, take the connection apart and fill both sides with the grease, reinstall and you shouldn't have anyone issues with water.

Crabb E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, need help