Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #1

need more answers please

Are these good things to look far, would any one be considered a deal breaker one way or other?

1. automatic air leveling (versus hydralic)

2. raised rail chassis (Dynamax versus Spartan)

3. IFS

4. Residential refrigerator

5. drainage systems (such as Sani-Con)

6. side hinge doors (if under slide does it really matter)

Enough for now. Thanks for any replies.

Bill

7. 3 camera monitor (isn't the two sides a nusiance...can they be generally turned off to view just back-up?)

buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
2 & 3 would be required for me.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
2 & 3 would be required for me.

any difference in Dynamax versus Spartan? Isn't the Dynamx often thought of as a better chassis? Possibly according to who one asks. ha
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #4

Not on your list but the deal breaker for me (well my spouse) would be the interior layout. We wouldn't want the residential refrigerator since we often are without shore power.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck454 View Post
Are these good things to look far, would any one be considered a deal breaker one way or other?

1. automatic air leveling (versus hydralic) A must for us. While the coach will move a bit, no damage to surface, never have an issue of "jacks not pulling up", and load spread out over much larger contact area (key in soft soil areas, or when it suddenly becomes muddy).

2. raised rail chassis (Dynamax versus Spartan)

3. IFS Another must for us. Much better ride, and more safety as a blow ou in drive wheel is much more easily controlled.

4. Residential refrigerator Only choice IMO - too many issues with fires and lack of cooling in LP powered units. Plus soooo much more capacity!

5. drainage systems (such as Sani-Con) Nice if you want to pump out at home, or up hill, but not essential.

6. side hinge doors (if under slide does it really matter) All about how much you plan on getting into things stored in the bays while sides are extended. Some very high end coaches have a vertically opening door (sort of like a paneled garage door) that's the best of both worlds...and they offer a remote powered sliding tray to eliminate you even needing to bend over!

Enough for now. Thanks for any replies.

Bill

7. 3 camera monitor (isn't the two sides a nusiance...can they be generally turned off to view just back-up?)
Country Coach's default to only coming on when you turn on the turn signal on that particular side ~ can be a life saver if someones coasting in your blind spot. Usually you can also "select" a particular camera to come on manually.

Just my two cents!

Mark
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I would not have another multi-slide coach that had top hinged bay doors - the bays under the slides are a PITA to access if you don't have the cafe (side-hinged) doors.

Does it make a difference if they are under the slides? You bet. That's where the side hinge is most important (IMO).

All the rest are nice to have, but none of the rest would be a deal breaker for me - and I already have a raised rail chassis (surprise - it's a Freightliner) with IFS. I also have a Sani-con drain system, but I choose to use the portable model because much of the time I find the big 3" drain hose to be faster and more convenient.

Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote