Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2017, 12:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Need New Recliner

I bought a 2017 Diplomat which contains a small European recliner, that is simply not big enough for me. The footrest hits be behind the knees, and I could also use a little more width. (You can see it in the pictures here.)

I am going to be in Decatur and Elkhart, Indiana in a few weeks and the thought occurred to me to look for a replacement to trade it for while I'm there. Can anyone please suggest some sources of suppliers I might try? There seems to be a lot of choices, but I don't know how to find the good ones, or the ones with the most choices to offer. Thanks in advance.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Rob! Don't know how much room you have, but we love our Ashley loveseat/recliners!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/out-...ew-228971.html
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, Joe, but there is nowhere near that much room, as you can see in the link above. ...and it's got to be free-standing.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
Thanks, Joe, but there is nowhere near that much room, as you can see in the link above. ...and it's got to be free-standing.

Yup, I see what you mean! Good luck on finding something!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #5

Spartan Chassis
I have trouble with small recliners too. We went to a furniture store and purchased a recliner for me. Just be sure it has a removable back. I don't know if a "big man's" would fit in that space, but it may be worth looking.

Happy Motoring
Don & Susan
2004 Pilot toad
4Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:19 PM   #6

Just went through this as we're taking out the awful sofa bed and only putting in 1 recliner for now. However, I needed to leave enough space in case we decide to put in a 2nd one. Since we have 68" width, I needed a recliner no more than 32" or smaller, and it needed to be a wall hugger, and preferably a swivel.

In looking at yours, I'd suggest first measuring the width of your chair. You can add a couple of more inches or more depending on the space you have for the recliner stand. That's where part of your limitation will be, so you also need to measure your stand space. You might be able to find one that the stand will fit in your space, but the chair width and depth is what you need.

Lambright seems to be a popular RV recliner. However, all the suppliers are backlogged, and we were looking at 6 to 8 weeks. They are Amish made, and I think you might be able to find something if going to that area, and you're willing to take what's on hand. But, I think most are built when ordered???? I did see a website that showed a lot of chairs like on a showroom floor. If you'll google Lambright RV recliners, you'll get some links. Two that I remember are BradandHall and Glastop, but as stated, all that I called were at least 6 weeks out. You can also go directly to the Amish manufacturer, which you should get links for, but they are no cheaper as they don't undercut their suppliers. Plan on spending at least $650.00 for fabric and go up from there. I was going to pay $160.00 just for shipping, which you'll save if you're able to get one there.

Next I found De Leon recliners at Shop4seats.com. I know you're thinking you might find something in Indiana while there, but thought I'd mention them. We ended up buying a recliner from them called Tribute partly because they had something in stock and we could get it in 10 days...shipping was $215.00...ouch

I also found one called Rec Pro Charles 30" recliner in a toffee color. If you don't need a true wall hugger, this might work for you. I'm not sure how much clearance this one needs. I looked at it a zillion times, but something kept me from going for it...just a feeling it wouldn't work for us. You can go to RecPro, and I also found it on Amazon.

I looked everywhere including Lazyboy, Amazon, eBay, Wayfair, Houzz, Overstock...you name it. I looked for days. If I found a wall hugger, it didnt have a swivel, or if it had both, it was too wide, or the wrong color, or any number of configurations that didn't work for us. It looks like you might be able to get away without swivel, and possibly without a wall hugger, which will open up more choices for you.

Love your MH, BTW.

Good luck. Hope all of this made sense.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #7

I just changed out my couch for two recliners. I looked for weeks but finally found them at RecPro in Indiana. They are wall huggers and I only had 66" to play with. they both fit perfect and are so comfortable. Send me an email if you need more help. cmcguire2@att.net
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:25 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Would a euro-recliner w/separate footrest work? With the separate footrest you can move it out to where it'd fit your leg length better. Bradd & Hall have euro's.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Try RecPro - Bristol, IN. near Elkhart. We purchased theater seats from them. Fulltime life and the recliners have been fantastic. After sale support has been top notch. Check website: https://www.recpro.com/products/recp...urniture-putty
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:13 AM   #10

We just pulled out our jack knife sofa and installed two recliners plus the center console that we bought from Rec-Pro. They offered free shipping, we got them in three days. The seat backs are separate pieces, so they go thru the door easily. Only one night spent on them so far, but they seem very comfortable.
They don't have a showroom, but when I contacted them, they told me that we were welcome to stop by the warehouse in Elkhart and look at the ones they had set up for pictures. We sat in a bunch of seats before making up our minds. They were very helpful.
partskenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:31 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If you are near a La-Z-Boy store, I would check them out. They have recliners where the back separates from the base making it easy to get inside the MH.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Would a euro-recliner w/separate footrest work? With the separate footrest you can move it out to where it'd fit your leg length better. Bradd & Hall have euro's.

Lori-

That's where I bought our Fjords. Went to a local store and tried them, then purchased from Bradd & Hall. They do come in different sizes and colors. They also have several other brands. I have been in contact with them for floor replacement.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:26 AM   #13

I looked at the integrated foot rest ones and agree it is not comfortable on the legs. I went with this one and very happy:

Mac Motion Euro Recliner
Old 05-25-2017, 07:57 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Lori-
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of folks who chipped in with suggestions in less than 24 hours. And LOTS of great suggestions to follow up on. Thanks to all.

G.G., a special thanks for going into so much detail about your experiences, and the venders you contacted. And thanks for the compliment on the new MH - we like it too.

Lori, and others who suggested a euro with a seperate foot stool, I'm thinking that may definately be the way to go, as I'm 6' 3" (or was before i got old and shrank an inch and a half. ) I'll definately be checking out Brad and Hall while in Indiana, as well as some of the others folks have mentioned above.

Computerguy, I really do like the one you found, and it probably would fit the space well, if I could find it in the right color. This one's close...