Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru499 View Post
Continental HSR II 275/80r22.5 LR H

Truck Tires, Bus & Coach Tires and Construction Site Tires from Continental*-*Bus Tires People

We use This brand at the truck company I work for. They are great tires. Alot tougher than Michelin.
His Michelin XZA3 tires are load range H. The only way up is to increase the size.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #16
srh

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2007 Bus QSP with Spartan Chassis. The previous owner, for the same reason you are considering, changed the tires when the coach was only two years old to Michelin 295 80 22.5. Having only 95 to 100 PSI tire pressure in front makes the coach ride nicely. Good luck!
SRH

Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I have a 2007 Bus QSP with Spartan Chassis. The previous owner, for the same reason you are considering, changed the tires when the coach was only two years old to Michelin 295 80 22.5. Having only 95 to 100 PSI tire pressure in front makes the coach ride nicely. Good luck!
SRH
By doing that did the previous owner switch out the 7.5 inch rims to 8.25's? Are there any clearance issues?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #18
srh

Monaco Owners Club
I couldn’t tell whether the previous owner replaced the rims or not. It has aluminum wheels; if they did it was really expensive. Where you buy the tires should be able to tell you if you need new rims. Also, did you call Tiffin to see what they recommend?
All the best!
SRH
Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #19

I'm curious about determining axle loading so I'm going to ask what may be a "dumb" question.

In this thread where front axle weight ratings are discussed in terms of a few hundred pounds (on a 14,000 lb plus axle) I have to ask; is gross front end weight used to determine being above or below axle limit? If so, would it be reasonable to subtract 2x(tire + wheel + rotor + caliper) weight to figure axle loading?

Thanks for any insight.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Although, I must admit, I'm not an expert on weight determination of the front axle, but it appears to me that it should include the weights of the tire, rotor, etc, as the tire, in this case, is carrying everything. Perhaps someone else can chime in if I'm mistaken.
Regards,
SRH

Tags
tires