Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #1

Need some help on this one

Hi All,
New issue but I haven't found the broken check valve yet.
I have a 2005 Holiday Rambler Motorhome.
Disconnected the city water and turned on my water pump. The water from my fresh water holding tank is being pumped out of the city water inlet. So the water pump is pulling water out of the fresh water tank and sending it through out the unit but a shut off valve isn't closing off the city water inlet. If I turn the water inlet valve to fill the fresh water holding tank the water is just pumped right back into the holding tank. I'm not seeing it but is there a automatic check valve that closes off the city water inlet if its not connected to city water?
jmarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:26 PM   #2

Yes, and they do fail on occasion. The check valve is located within an inch of where you hook the hose up. Replacements not hard to find.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In the meantime

A simple freshwater cap will stop it.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #4

I went back to the unit to see if its just behind the hook up. not there. Im thinking its a check valve in the blue water line. I'll look tomorrow but I need to get behind the panel..
is there a in line check value made for peck tubing?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:14 PM   #5

You should be able to see it when you look into the valve. You may need to remove the screen first if you have one. Here is a link to a repair site that explains how to maybe unstick or repalce it.

The RV Doctor: Faulty City Water Inlet
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #6

The one way check valve should be built into city water connector assembly that the internal water piping attaches to.
Classic Winnebago Site: https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #7

And___ if it is not there, that white cap dangling at the end of the line/strap is a positive stop until you do locate the inline check valve.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #8

no internal check valve like the picture. Sent in a wire probe to feel around all the way to the diverter valve that goes from cityto the water tank and no remnants or any rubber. It wouldn't have been able to get past the opening at the cross over. Im going to stop off at Lowes on the way back from work and see if they carry a backflow valve for pek tubing that I can cut in. Thanks a lot