Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I think the NSA Ready Brute and Ready Brake system is a good product for a lighter toad, but I would want more proportional (exact) braking on something like an Acadia that weighs in at 5K.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I think the NSA Ready Brute and Ready Brake system is a good product for a lighter toad, but I would want more proportional (exact) braking on something like an Acadia that weighs in at 5K.
Don, you are politically correct.
IMHO, this system is a toy.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This thread now has me thinking; and maybe cost me a bunch of money. I bought our Blue Ox tow bar back in 1999. It has been "serviced" once, dissembled, inspected, cleaned, and having the plastic washers and fasteners replaced. But after 17 years of faithful service maybe time has come to replace it.... then again, are the new ones built as well ? Blue Ox advertises the new Avail having a non binding latch, unlike our current Blue Ox that from time to time I have to move the toad just a fraction to unbind the latch.

Mike
2012 Jeep Liberty Limited
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJFZ View Post
This thread now has me thinking; and maybe cost me a bunch of money. I bought our Blue Ox tow bar back in 1999. It has been "serviced" once, dissembled, inspected, cleaned, and having the plastic washers and fasteners replaced. But after 17 years of faithful service maybe time has come to replace it.... then again, are the new ones built as well ? Blue Ox advertises the new Avail having a non binding latch, unlike our current Blue Ox that from time to time I have to move the toad just a fraction to unbind the latch.

Mike

Food for thought,

After our Alaska tour, I had concerns with my Aventa so I sent the whole assembly back to BlueOx. They completely rebuilt it and replaced the ball assembly for about $200. Virtually a new tow bar for $200.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:10 AM   #19

I had a Blue Ox Alpha for three years, but sold it and the Ready Brake with our Liberty, so I was able to start cleanly looking at all options.

I found that I still like the expanding bellows protectors on the Alpha, so I just got another like it. I Also got a replacement Ready Brake to go with it (it really IS proportional), so as soon as I get it all installed and ready to go..................

Not until June, but soon enough.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have been using a Road Master All Terrain two setup.
It has been used on all three of our rigs, 1 C and two A's and it has done great.
Used to tow a Jeep Wrangler and now tow a Cherokee.

Getting ready to set it up on our new rig.
Hope this helps.

Tags
purchase, tow