Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2017, 11:04 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Need to replace Full Size Queen

It is about time to deep six my full size queen mattress. It is the original mattress in my 2004 National RV and I really liked the firmness and it was very comfortable. It is sagging a little in the middle, so time to go!

I want another type as this one, but I am having trouble finding one. It is a coil spring type mattress/foundation combo type. Seems that all the mattress makers are pushing some kind of foam type with a mattress and separate foundation. My bed platform sets high so I would need a step ladder to get in to bed. I like a firm mattress and the foam type just are not that comfortable to me and I do not want to take a small bank loan out to buy a quality one!

So I need info and recommendation(s) on manufacturer and where I can buy a very good, quality, inner spring mattress. Prefer USA made. Cost is not a problem, comfort is!
2004 NRV Dolphin 5355, 24' Pace Shadow trailer, inside is a "2011 Hemmings Muscle Machine of the Year" and 2011 Reno, NV. Hot August Nights "Best Restored Stock Car", 1970 Olds F85 W-31, Rally Red, 4 speed, 1 of 5 in this color, only 207 built
davebw31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #2

I found a Sherwood Camelot firm style queen regular mattress at the local Best Mattress store for around 300.00. I needed one that would fit when the slide closed. Very comfortable even without the fancy pillow tops that were too big.

Best Innerspring Mattress In USA | Sherwood | By Sherwood Bedding
tominvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
go to your local mattress stores and try then all out until you find one you like. You don't have to get box spring with any of them due to the fact that you already have a extra firm foundation. Things you need to worry about are mattress thickness. if your bed is on a slide and the mattress tucks into a cove or under the closet door edges then you may have a problem getting the slide all they way in so measure you outgoing mattress thickness for comparison.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:42 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
thanks toninvegas, I'll check them out

SuperGewl, I have a SINGLE mattress that is a combination of both a mattress and foundation. I do not have a mattress and a foundation, as it would be way to thick for the reasons you stated. The mattress I have is specially made for RV s that have a high platform. The high platform offers a lot more storage space along with pull out drawers is one of several reasons why I bought a National RV, storage space!
2004 NRV Dolphin 5355, 24' Pace Shadow trailer, inside is a "2011 Hemmings Muscle Machine of the Year" and 2011 Reno, NV. Hot August Nights "Best Restored Stock Car", 1970 Olds F85 W-31, Rally Red, 4 speed, 1 of 5 in this color, only 207 built
Old 06-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
tominvegas, currently I am in Gainesville FL at the VA hospital for a test today and tomorrow morning. There are several Mattress Firm stores here and one is just down the street from my hotel. Going to check them out before I leave to go back home to Crawfordville, FL.

thanks
Old 06-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #6

We replaced our lousy spring mattress with a quality foam unit. Really comfortable / great back support. Bonus is you can get it thru the front door of the MH. Getting old mattress out was a PIA.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #7

It doesn't have a foundation like your old one if I understand it correctly. But mine sits on a wooden box for lack of a better term and it's fine. Not sure how the National works but the mattress I replaced was way too soft and sunk down where this one is perfect even without a box spring.
tominvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:04 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
We replaced our original sleep number bed with a Tuft and Needle adaptive foam queen mattress. The only problem is now I want one for the house also. Best matteress I've ever had by a mile! Almost 10,000 5 star reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Tuft-Needle-S...uft+and+needle
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced my full size queen RV spring mattress with one from this Internet web site.

Mattress Insider

They have a Lowest Price Guarantee and will match any price PLUS they give you another 10% off.

They have a 121 day Money Back Guarantee.

Plus FREE shipping!

You can't go wrong.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace