Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-22-2011, 07:12 AM   #15
Thor Owners Club
Living in the country doesn't eliminate these neighbors. We spent one whole summer many years ago when we had horses. One neighbor didn't think we were feeding them correctly. We had one horse under vet care. But, she had the police out to our place all summer for animal abuse and neglect. Finally the police told us we could charge her with harassement.

weedpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2011, 08:55 AM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
"She said she almost had an accident"

She is so BLIND she can not see a full size Class A motor home she should surrender her driver's license and take up a white cane.

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
Tiffin Owners Club
Although it had nothing to do with the neighbor's complaint you promptly moved your MH so she likely feels her call succeeded, doubtless she wil call the authorities again next year.
Del & Charlotte
RVing - Time well wasted
2004 Phaeton 40TGH w/ 2010 Acadia
Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #18

Neighbor doesn't like our motor home...

Have to add to this. Live in a community of like homes. Have had a 38' MH for some time. Had to de-landsape to fit it in alongside the house. After a hurricane, drivers front window hit by tree branch. Window was fixed, but had to take back for sealing, as rain came day window installed. Also needed annual inspection. So MH was parked in front of house over a weekend and 3 days more. Neighbor knocked on my door, and told of a town saftery officer just put a ticket on MHand drove off. $150 fine to be paid w/in 30 days. Only one neighbor (accross the street) could have complained. Around block is parked a boat on trailer, and has been there for 3 months!! No ticke!! Neighbors all said had to be women accross street. Find out town code: no campers, trailers or commercial vehicles allowed to park on roads, period. Governments are there to force you to comply to the rules that they make. Some rules (laws) are there for the good of the populace, some (as we all know) arejust arcaine.
Tom, Jan withn Papillons, Chance N Candy
'13 (60th annaversary) AMBASSADOR 40' DFT
Don't dream your life away, but live your dream
Long Island Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #19
If our HOA tried to introduce a "No Trailers/RVs/Boats" rule, they'd have a riot on their hands. Almost 80% of the homes have either an RV or a boat, many with both.

The HOA has to content itself with legislating how long your trash cans can be left out ofter they've been emptied (not kidding - they even have a spy patrol to catch people so thay can be fined!)
Frank Damp -Anacortes, WA,(DW- Eileen)
ex-pat Brits (1968) and now ex-RVers, as of 08 Dec 14.
frankdamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Without a warning I wouldn't have paid the ticket. The zoning guy will get an earful in the spring when I bring it back. Life goes on....miserable people....
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 35LS - Ford F53 Chassis - Life is a Journey and Everyone Should Enjoy Theirs
Firstpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #21
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well I fixed my neighbor problems once and for all. We live in our MH...if I don't like my neighbors I just move, or out wait them and they'll move. Life is so good!!!
Lloyd, Cheryl & Samantha our Shih-Tzu
07 Pace Arrow 38P & 07 Liberty 4x4
How's that hope and change working for you???
offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #22
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Precisely why we moved to the country without neighbors...
2011 Coachmen Mirada 34BH
2011 Honda CRV
campclan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
For the OP I would invite all you friends who own MHs to come visit for the weekend and have them all park on the street.

For us it's our next door neighbor. When we cut down trees on our lot she complained that she liked the look of the trees, and that we should have left them. TOld her she shouldn't have cut down all the trees in her yard then. Then we built our pool house. It is scaled to look like our main house, nicely done. She complained that someday when she went to sell her house the new buyers might not like our pool house, told her to sell to someone who did.

We are now adding a 1950 sqft garage addition for the MH, bet she doesn't like it either.
US Navy Vet, Liberty Tree Member of Oath Keepers, NRA & VFW Life Member, Alaska EMT.
2009 Safari Cheetah 40 SKQ
2009 Winnebago Chalet 231CR
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #24
Country Coach Owners Club
When we moved into our home in 2006, we extended the fenceline to accomodate our then class C. We checked into the CC&R's and found that we could extend it to the edge of the house, which we hadn't done yet. In 2007, we purchased a 35 foot class C, and so extended it as far as it could legally go. In Dec. of 2007 as we were putting up Christmas lights, our neighbor lady came over and demanded that since we had so much money we should just move to a more expensive neighborhood, and that we were totally legal (I guess she checked) but that she didn't want the RV there. Seriously. She was so rude that I walked her off our property. We really wanted to put Christmas lights on the RV on her house's side, but thought better of it! In April, we purchased our current 42 foot Country Coach . . . I'm sure she was thrilled to see it parked in place of the 35 foot coach. There's no telling with neighbors!!
John & Cathy Lamb
45' Marathon XLII
num1dgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Some of the stories here just drive home how spot on we were when looking for our property in Durango.

We had only a few requirements.

1. At least 5 acres in the tall pines.
2. Horse property.

All were deal breakers. We ended up with 10+ acres with great neighbors with well kept homes most of which have an RV of some sort on the property.

Best of luck to those who have to deal with problem neighbors, been down that road myself.
The above post is just my experience/opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it.

'05 Lance 845/'06 F-250 or '99 Alpine 36SDS Usually towing an '01 Wrangler locked on 35"s or moderate '98 Cherokee on 33"s (rear locker only)
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #26
Ah, neighbors.....................

I could probably write a book by now. Both the great ones, and the idiots we have lived near through the years.

When I was growing up, the woman next door was the block terror. She bugged everyone around her. When I was a teenager, I was a bit of a trouble maker and she suddenly had a few problems with her car. Everyone on the block knew what was going on, including Mrs. Nasty, but nothing could be proved.

It's nice to have been a part of the justice system for awhile.
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #27
When we first moved to this house I had a 69 F100 and and old wagon that I parked in front of the house. In the dead of night a courageous neighbor slipped a note in our mailbox complaining, pointing out that it was an "estate neighborhood". Instead of trading in the wagon I kept it for 3 more years, and eventually did a complete restoration on the truck.

Next, bought my first trailer. Left it in front of the house broken off the hitch while I took the hitch in to be adjusted.

Got home just as the phone rang - it was a bylaw officer calling to tell me he had ticketed my trailer and if I didn't move it in 24 hours they would tow it. I said I would be moving it in an hour, that I had it broken off to get the hitch adjusted. It is a specific offense to have a trailer not attached to a vehicle on a public road. He brightened up and said if I had a receipt he could cancel the ticket. Well I did, but my new neighbor across the street was not so lucky. He had left his on the street while his newly poured concrete pad set. Welcome to the neighborhood, cost him $70.

A few more complaints and I finally figured out who the complainer was. Came home from a couple of months in the south, dragging my new trailer, and saw a for-sale sign on the complainer's lawn, and let out a little cheer.

Then I learned he had died while we were down south. Didn't feel very good about that, but no one on our block has had the city called since then.
2006 Patriot Thunder
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #28
Not relevant to the subject of the thread, but here is the truck before and after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 F100 4WD003.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	15813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Truck.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	15814  

2006 Patriot Thunder
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote