Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 AM   #141

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Wow, ten pages of mostly flaming responses and only a few suggesting how they should actually respond to the email they got. Come on fellow irv2'ers, you can do better than that! What words would you actually have for a neighbor out of work and desperate to get what they can from the sale of their biggest asset?
Out of work or desperate notwithstanding they are asking the OP who is apparently well within his rights, to essentially create fraud or at least an untruth upon any new purchaser's which could cause him significant problems down the way while the "desperate" neighbors are down the road.

I am currently looking to purchase a home and on many search engines RV and boat parking is listed as an option and a plus. I for one can't wait till I can have the Eagle parked on my property where I can really tinker with it. I also have never seen a nice neighbor hood with nice RV's parked on site be interspersed with old clunkers, fema trailers and cars on blocks, birds of a feather remember.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #142
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Wow, ten pages of mostly flaming responses and only a few suggesting how they should actually respond to the email they got. Come on fellow irv2'ers, you can do better than that! What words would you actually have for a neighbor out of work and desperate to get what they can from the sale of their biggest asset?
I guess my words to the neighbor would be "how can you afford to pay to store my RV if you can't pay your mortgage?"

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:57 AM   #143

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok

If it were I that received the e-mail I would not respond. I would let them wonder for days on end all the possibilities that are happening.

Did they receive the e-mail ?
Did they receive it and are mad and not responding?
Are they hiring a lawyer ?
Are looking for a place to move it to?

Oh so many question so little sleep.

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #144

Quote:

Don't sell through a realtor that is going to take 6% of your money.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:46 PM   #145

Tell them to go pound sand, and enjoy your RV and what you have intended to do end of story...travel is the only thing you can invest in that makes you richer
Old 04-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCooke View Post
Don't sell through a realtor that is going to take 6% of your money.
Who then?
Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 PM   #147

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I would simply respond that "We have enjoyed having you as neighbors and wish you the best. We are sorry that your realtor believes the presence of our MH will negatively affect the resale value of your home. You might want to check with other realtors as we believe he may be incorrect. We intend to leave our MH as-is because we don't want to surprise our new neighbors by putting it back next to our home after you sell."
That is an excellent response.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 PM   #148

A guy who lives next to me sent a message to about my double paned windows. He gardens on his roof, and said in the message that my windows were causing too much heat reflection. He said he wanted to talk to me about "what I planned to do about it." I was going to talk to him, after doing a little research. I decided to just ignore the message after a lot of hand wringing. My research told me several things. Among them.....these windows are required by law in all new construction (my place was built in 2005, which was after the time of that regulation). These windows do throw off heat, but not as far off as this guys plants. So I wasn't going to cause his garden any harm, and I couldn't legally get rid of these windows anyway. And then there was the tone of the message...that I was guilty of doing this guy wrong. Screw that. This happened about two years ago. No complaints from him about my lack of response yet, but if he ever does complain, I'll just let him know that it isn't legal to run a motorcycle customization business in a private garage (which is being done on his property). I get tired of listening to grinders, paint compressors, and loud Harley engines running, but have never complained.........
Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #149

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I spent 32 years in the real estate business. That converstion would never have happened with Jack & Jill unless the Realtor was trying to lowball the listing. In the area I marketed in, Denver CO. RV parking would have carried a bonus selling price.
Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-1 View Post
A small sign. billy goats for sale will do the trick !! I am quite sure you have a bill of assurance but it would be fun and probably get their mind off motorhome LOL hey have to have some fun when you can good luck
billy goats? That is the light duty version.

If no zoning at all tell them you are going to start butchering hogs and making sausage in a to be built 32X40 building and 20X30 Pig Pen .(on their side of your back yard of course) Even drive some stakes in the ground and mark it off with String/Tape.

The above works best with the construction stakes driven in first THEN deliver the News.
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:18 AM   #150

National RV Owners Club
Got to take the high road people. As much as it can be irksome to have inappropriate requests such as this, your response says as much about you as it does about the people making the inappropriate request. If you choose to respond, do so respectfully. Even a refusal given in the correct fashion is much more likely to be received courteously that a suggestion as to what they can do with their request.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:00 AM   #151

I have replied to the original OP. I have followed this tread daily. I my say that we all are passionate about our property and we are all passionate about our RV life style. It's always the same theme. You have the right to legally do anything on you property with the guideline of the local, state and federal laws. Realestate has been one of those un written laws where neighbors think they should control your right to free expression and because they are selling there house that you should change your way of life to accommodate them. I thing we should have a constitutional amendment that's says that in addition to the right of privatcy you have the right to mind your own business. I am just saying that is my opinion. I don't want to put more fuel on the fire. But there is a reason that I want to buy at least a 10 acre lot. So that my neighbors won't have the pleasure to cause what the OP has written. He who dies with the most toys wins! I love all of your passionate comments!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:15 AM   #152

"Now I get this email and I feel terrible" Now that is a good neighbor. An email instead of walking 200 feet and talking to you.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Who then?
You can sell your own property.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same situation and decided that I wanted my new Diplomat at home not stored. As it turned out after my pad was completed alot of neighbors stoped by and ask me about the RV. The neighbors house sold to a couple that were RV'ers at full asking price.

When I sold my house the pad help sell it because the owners had a 35' boat.

Do it, and enjoy having it home, very convient to load and work on.