Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #183
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
Pretty interesting just how passionate everyone is about the topic of this thread and individual rights of property owners. Thirteen pages and 174 replies and counting. Funny, someone could post a question about a particular issue with their RV, or RV travels or perhaps a campground experience and you might get 18 responses.
In all fairness, most RV topics have been covered ad-nauseum and a forum search will provide all the information one could use. Many of us have been around for a while, and skim over the posts about what kind of toilet paper we use or whether an RV cover is a good idea or which tire pressure is best.

These "opinion" threads are interesting because everybody has one!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #184

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
In all fairness, most RV topics have been covered ad-nauseum and a forum search will provide all the information one could use. Many of us have been around for a while, and skim over the posts about what kind of toilet paper we use or whether an RV cover is a good idea or which tire pressure is best.

These "opinion" threads are interesting because everybody has one!
I am new and I guess you are correct but I you must know how valuable it is for me and the OP to read your comments. I am here in Knoxville at Buddy Gregg in our new Thor Tuscany 40 EX learning how to make everything work and WOW it's incredible, I will be posting photos soon.

Your collective wisdom has been something very valuable to me. I am sure everyone feels this way about the information here.
Musikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #185
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
I am new and I guess you are correct but I you must know how valuable it is for me and the OP to read your comments. I am here in Knoxville at Buddy Gregg in our new Thor Tuscany 40 EX learning how to make everything work and WOW it's incredible, I will be posting photos soon.

Your collective wisdom has been something very valuable to me. I am sure everyone feels this way about the information here.
Definitely agree! This place is an excellent resource for all RVers. No one minds the newbie questions; we were all newbies at one time.

I was responding the post about why this particular thread is so busy while others are not.

ETA--I notice that you are the "OP". So you just bought your RV and haven't taken it home to park next to your neighbor yet? Good luck and congrats on the new rig.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #186
JDA

If you move the Coach offsite for the neighbors to get their house sold, this would be something in a disclosure that the sellers and realtor should have disclosed to the buyer in California.
Yes, I would consider relocating it to a Nice, Secure, Close, Enclosed Storage so that it is out of the weather and stays cleaner if my neighbor wanted to prepay it for a minimum of 12 months.
Otherwise forget it!
JDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #187

Monaco Owners Club
Your neighbour is being extremely selfish in that he
Wants you to subtract something from your life
For his gain.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #188

Fleetwood Owners Club
Neighbor Upset with our buying MH.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
I have a problem with the motorhome that sits by the curb in front of my livingroom window. It destroys my view from the livingroom, all I see is the big flat side of the MH, but I can't do anything about it. I don't think there are any ordinances preventing it.

I can't do anything about it because it's mine and I don't have any other convenient place to park it during the summer use period. Thankfully, the neighbors have yet to complain. I think I am the only one that complains about it. We do have other rec vehicles park along the street during the summer months, ie: camp trailers and boats, and all vehicles are gone during the winter months.

It sounds like your city doesn't have any codes about using the street for vehicle storage. For us it is 72 hours, albeit the code officer typically only addresses issues that are obvious long term parking or expired tags and then only if contacted by someone from the neighborhood. We had 2 folks from other neighborhoods parking a derelict RV and jeep on our street. No way for me to contact them with a friendly conversation. I called the officer. He marked the rig as "tow" and gave them a week to move it with no financial repercussions. They did.

You may well have neighbors that don't like your rig parked there but decide it isn't worth it to create an issue with you as a neighbor. Sounds like the culture of your neighborhood accepts it, although I've found over the past 8 years that our neighborhood upkeep has improved by my efforts to quietly make my property nicer than the prior owner. Others have followed. It's amazing what one person can do to influence good or bad even without saying anything.

For me, I decide to keep within their good graces and limit my time on the street to 24 hours as the width of the street with no sidewalks also makes it a safety issue. Several others have off street parking which is allowed and they enjoy having that option. I have 2 doing such nearby. Unfortunately for is this freedom means that a block away a non-functioning class C RV with a matted blue tarp is now serving as a home for an added family in a driveway at a residence zoned single family. They are free to do so and we have seen graffiti in the neighborhood and the police have talked with the kids after spotting them smashing bottles on the street.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #189

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I would think must be an affluent neighborhood if the neighbors can afford a new RV. Wouldn't bother me a bit. I too agree that the agent is looking to lower the price quickly for a sale. But who know maybe the sellers are insisting on an inflated price and he is using this to try and get it down.

Stick with your guns, you also want your new neighbors to know exactly what they are getting.
PatStab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #190

Winnebago Owners Club
Add a few more things to the yard

I would go out and get a boat, a car dolly, a ATV and trailer, etc and park it all very neatly next to the RV.
wtresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #191

Tiffin Owners Club
Congratulations on getting your problem solved. I for one would have asked the neighbor to have his realtor send me the request in writing on company letterhead. It's interesting how putting something in writing makes people really think.
johnsong3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #192

Freightliner Owners Club
We don't have any neighbors but if we did and were asked to do what your neighbor asked I think I would have chosen your response. Sounds like he respected your response as well.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #193

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK, we're home and parked at my house. I thought I would show you what all the fuss is about. The house on the left, the white house is Jack and Jill's. The house on the right, the yellow one, is our house. The brown brick in the middle is the new addition that seems to have caused all the ruckus.

As you can see, there's about 35 feet between MH and my house, on the other side it looks to be about 75-100 feet.

Oh well, there goes the neighborhood....
Old 05-12-2014, 01:39 PM   #194

Country Coach Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
OMG. Well, I think you handled it perfectly. You neighbor and his realtor are on crack or should be.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #195

Newmar Owners Club
They've got to kidding... I would not worry about their concerns for 2 seconds. AND... anyone that is concerned by your coach in the yard should go live somewhere in the woods....!

Laugh it off and ignore them!
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:25 PM   #196

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wow! Pictured the houses much closer than this.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote