Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #197
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #198

Winnebago Owners Club
Looks like there is plenty of space there for a nice tall hedge. Problem solved! \ken

Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #199

Your street drain is all blocked up with dirt and debris too!

Signed your neighbor

;-)
akeyzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #200

LOL!!
Old 05-12-2014, 04:33 PM   #201

Fleetwood Owners Club
And oh yes, what are you going to do about the sewer manhole in the street? The tar patches in the street? I actually think your MH makes their property look very desirable.
98FPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #202

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Vincee,

I know which houses you are talking about. I Live just a little ways from them and can remember when on that street there was like 6 houses. Kind of like the racetrack not that far from them that has been there for over 50 years and now makes noise.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #203

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by akeyzoo View Post
Your street drain is all blocked up with dirt and debris too!

Signed your neighbor

;-)
Yeah, that drain is a problem, I have called the town several times and they don't do much about it. I clean it out every so often. Clearly I am not a very good neighbor.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #204

iRV2 No Limits Club
The realtor now says that your house being yellow is not good for our resale.

Can you repaint it white by the weekend? We have a showing on Saturday.

Signed --Your neighbor

Being serious, your response was just perfect!!

P.S. Thanks for the pictures.
Dog Folks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #205

Ford Super Duty Owner
I read this thread back when it first started and was surprised that it was still going.

Nice picture of your MH. I actually think your MH adds to the value of their house. I'm not sure I'd want to park my MH next to their house it detracts from the value of your MH.

Honestly. You've got a great set up. Nice neighborhood, plenty of space between homes, trees between houses.

TeJay
Old 05-13-2014, 06:19 AM   #206

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
Yeah, that drain is a problem, I have called the town several times and they don't do much about it. I clean it out every so often. Clearly I am not a very good neighbor.
I have a catch basin by our drive and I clean it as it takes less time than calling. And as suggested, if you have any remaining guilt pangs at all, a row of tall arborvitae would shield their house from your MH's view.

And when this thread started I pictured that maybe your neighbor had a legitimate complaint:
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #207

True story: A lady of a few years bought a nice house in our county in the summer time. She apparently didn't notice the elementary school a little ways from her back yard. She actually called the district and asked if we could "Do something" about the noise from the kids on recess that was disturbing her enjoyment of the back lanai. She suggested keeping them inside! I know it's only slightly on topic but we still laugh about it even now and it certainly is indicative of some outlooks out there.

Anyhow, that is a really nice area you are living in to have that much room between nice houses. Your RV may attract as opposed to repel buyers. It was completely in your own interest to leave it there. Imagine if the new neighbors were the type to take offense to it? At least now you should get another neighbor sympathetic or even another camping buddy (With their own rig hopefully)!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 AM   #208

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwell View Post
Imagine if the new neighbors were the type to take offense to it? At least now you should get another neighbor sympathetic or even another camping buddy (With their own rig hopefully)!
We have two other motorhomes on this street. One is for sale and both are against the house, actually against their garage. They are both, older, smaller RV's but both diesel pushers.

My garage faces south instead of west, facing the road. So that's why I had to park it so far out in the open. It can't go next to the house since it would block the two car garage.

I live in a fairly large town and I know there are dozens of RV's in this neighborhood, but just two on this street so it would be hard to get a lot of support against us but if the new neighbors are rich and have time on their hands, or worse, if they are lawyers, then it might be possible for them to move against us. With appeals and delays, it could take years. We will only be there another 5 years anyway, at the most. We are already looking casually at homes with a MH garage or a property to build one.

Child is gone at college, no need for the big house anymore, we want to go smaller anyway. So again, timing is great. Crossed fingers, we can stay here trouble free and move on to that next place without a problem.

But, if those neighbors really piss us off, we may upgrade to a 45ft tag and paint it YELLOW to match the house
Old 05-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #209

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ho: Some people really think the world revolves around them, and forget that others also live on the planet. When we moved into our new home, we planned an RV garage in the back yard, which is not even visible from the street because of the elevation drop. Our next door neighbor objected to the garage, but interestingly enough not to our parking the motorhome in the backyard. Wanting to be good neighbors we didn't build the garage and have parked the RV on a pad where the garage was to have been built. They moved a couple of years later and our new neighbor has no objection at all to our building a garage. It just goes to show your that some folks are really self-centered.

I think your response was well done.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #210

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
OK, we're home and parked at my house. I thought I would show you what all the fuss is about. The house on the left, the white house is Jack and Jill's. The house on the right, the yellow one, is our house. The brown brick in the middle is the new addition that seems to have caused all the ruckus.

As you can see, there's about 35 feet between MH and my house, on the other side it looks to be about 75-100 feet.

Oh well, there goes the neighborhood....
Maybe if you parked it the other way round they would see things differently! LOL Certainly there is nothing to complain about in my estimation. Nice looking RV by the way.

Had a moment there. Then I thought. Build a heated garage to store it in. Then it would be out of sight. LOL again.