Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-23-2014, 05:15 PM   #85
Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Friend or Fo

I don't get what the concern is regarding this matter.

1. You keep your RV at home - neighbor gets made at you
2. You move RV - neighbor stays your friend if they are your friends.
3. Neighbor sells house - moves away #1 & #2 doesn't matter.
Unless your going to still be friends when they move away.
Then this post is for nothing.

2003 Winnebago WFG33V Adventurer - 8.1 Gas, Workhorse Chassis - Medium Titanium Metalic

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #86
Keep it on your property. It is *YOUR* property. I think post #75 hit the nail on the head.

Also, how can anyone assume that a new motorhome in your side yard, would cause the selling price to go down? If a buyer was concerned about that, he would be very concerned that there are no restrictive covenants that might allow a neighbor to have boats, unregistered cars, old campers and trailers, etc. He's already buying into a community where that may happen, so he wouldn't buy there anyway.

USAF 1965-1971; USCG Master
2002 Horizon 36LD - 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #87
I read threads and I really need to chime in here. I lived in a town that the neighbors were more concerned with what you parked in your driveway or what is parked in front of your house. The OP has 3/4 acre and has the space and everything is legal. So is his neighbor paying his property taxes? Oh better still did he pay for the house? I guess not! It really pisses me off that neighbors think they have the right to tell you what you can do and not do with your property. It's not an HOA. Friends ore no friends I wouldn't care. In most cases having toys in the driveway also tells you a lot about your neighbor and disposal income. I couldn't park my ring longer than 72 hrs withe the neighborhood nazi calling PD. They would mark my tires and I would promptly drive my rig around the corner to reset the clock. There was nothing they could do. The neighbor across the street brought home tow trucks just to piss the neighbor off. Maybe you get one of those hippy buses and park on your property. The ones with all of the fancy colors and a tent on top to. My sure the tires are painted lime green too! Tell them to get a life!
cowrv39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #88
Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by 87Rockwood View Post
IMHO the realtor is scamming. It will be easier for him to sell the property if he can take off 20,000 of the top before even trying to sell it.

X2. Maybe the prospective buyer has or wants an RV. I think it's very weak argument.
Gary & Janet
'12 American Eagle
'06 Jeep Wrangler
sparkydog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #89

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If I understand the OP correctly you asked both neighbors before you did anything in regards to purchasing a new MH, even though not required and they both congratulated you. I am guessing this was done in person. Then you buy the new MH and one neighbor sends you an e-mail instead of coming and talking to you, saying please don't park it there because we have decided to move. I would re-think my relationship with said friend/neighbor and wave from my new coach as I was backing in to my new MH pad. You have apparently bent over backwards to do the neighborly thing, and they haven't responded in kind.

Some people like pools while others hate them and it's no different in this case. As some have said earlier some people will be turned off by the MH, while others will start planning where their MH will go in their new dream house.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Brian and Tammy
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35K
Mercury Mariner Hybrid
Blue Ox Baseplate, Blue Ox Tow Bar, Patriot Braking
Brian W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #90

Wow, 18hrs, and 7 pages of posts, does anyone know the record?
Could be unless we can discuss religion.

If you are within your rights, that's the only issue. Hands down !
I'll, also weigh in with the crew that says the realtor want's to low ball their property for quick sale and commission.
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #91
Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by AggieDad View Post
Iwillbeit -

Let's just say I like the deed restrictions in my community.

I realize that this isn't an issue for the OP, but this discussion does show that not everyone who owns an RV wants to see them sitting stored in side yards throughout their neighborhood. And for folks who feel this way, they should seek out deed restricted/HOA controlled properties which fit their needs.

Paisley painted hippie buses wouldn't work well here.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 PM   #92

Entegra Owners Club
Since Jack & Jill sent you an email notification....why not send them a link to this post? Cc the Realtor as well.
Chuck in SW FL
A "Classic" 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:57 PM   #93
Monaco Owners Club
Just tell J&J not to worry. In the summer the sides drop down and convert to a Tiki Bar and a karaoke stage and the neighbors are encouraged to come over and join the fun with free admission.
Glenn & Mary
2000 Monaco Dynasty 34 York
Three Toads - 1997 Jeep TJ :: built for dirt
/ 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel :: built for comfort in the dirt / 1990 Miata :: built for fun
MandG-Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #94
Newmar Owners Club
Im a Real Estate Broker im sorry that a realtor said that he would loss 20,000 I disagree , I agree with others there is no way he knows. The comments about realtors and changing realtors most sellers over value there home which is normal . I tend to do the same. Most propertys fail to sell because of over Pricing , property in poor condition or dated. or bad location. Today the job market and the ability secure a loan has slowed the real estate market. I call like I see it to my sellers
Dale and Rita
2002 Newmar Dutch Star 4095, tow car 2008 Buick Enclave CLX
Dale Pruitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #95
Newmar Owners Club
I agree with X2 I think everyone should be able to store there rv on their property if allowed. I store mine on my property.
The comments about realtors commission . I had a Retired Marine go to work for my firm as a realtor after about three months he said Dale we use to stand around of base talk about we wish we would be paid what were worth. He then said to me now that I being paid what im worth im not liking it to much.
Dale and Rita
Old 04-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #96
As most of you could tell by my previous post, this subject struck a nerve with me. I live in a rural country community with large homes on 1 acre lots. We have a total of 20 homes in this community, all built in the last 10 years. Four of my neighbors own motorhomes and have them parked in the back yard on pads or inside an RV garage. I moved from a deed restricted community just so I could have a motorhome and keep it at my house without violating a restriction. When I told my next door neighbor I was installing a RV pad; he said if you I did, he was going to sue me. He told me it violated the deed restrictions (RV's are not in the restrictions .. I checked). I told him there are no restrictions against RV's and pointed out the other 4 motorhomes in the neighborhood. He then told me the other motorhomes did not bother him because they were not next door to him. That got under my skin and I told him to put his attorney on speed dial, because it was happening. I then called two of my friends and had them bring their RV's ( one motorhome, one fifth wheel) over to my house and store them in by back yard. I kept them there for almost 4 months.... My neighbor never said another word about it and later apologized for comments. Of course I had to re-sod the area where they were parked....... but it was worth it. Smile!
Iwillbeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #97
Thor Owners Club
Jack and Jill can go up the hill.
2014 Voltage 3200
06 Ram 3500 DRW
2005 FLHTCI You Can't Fix STUPID
eightydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #98
Newmar Owners Club
Ask Jack to justify the statement in his Market analysis. Im positive he want put that in writing or jack is using his realtor as a excuse to complain about the rv someone said he may be jealous.

Dale and Rita