Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #113

Entegra Owners Club
I haven't read this whole thread, but if the seller and his "realtor" don't disclose that there may be a motorhome parked at the next door home, and that may affect future value (since they have deemed this so already and I can understand why, MHs are distracting in a subdivision), that is failure to disclose...somebody is susceptible to a lawsuit, or cancellation of a sales contract.

Dave and Beth
2015 Cornerstone 45J
Ford F-150 and 2016 Polaris Razor
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2014, 06:03 PM   #114
Does what goes around - come around? Lots of responsee on this thread and one in particular caught my eye....junkers in the front yard with no tires on them. By parking your coach and trying to adgitate or set presedence for the next owner may back fire. Maybe the new owner will like a messy yard with crap all over...vieiwng your motorhome in your yard may be an invitation to a new owner to buy the house because he thinks he can junk up his yard based on your example. What about your house value....a cheaper sale next door devalues your house. If you took some cash for a "deal" with the seller and your new neighbor finds out....he probably will be PO'd because you cost him a bunch of money (his interpretation)....what goes around - may come around.

DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #115
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wished my neighbor had a motor home. After the highland cows, the polka dot sheep, the burros, now he had two camels. He is building a new log home and I was checking pretty close to make sure it was a log house and not a log ark
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:21 PM   #116
Enjoy your new motorhome and park it at your house - loud and proud. MH likely cost more than neighbours house!
Alecta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #117
i had my motorhome parked in my driveway and sold my home $25,000 over appraisal , so I think he is just out of luck with the coach hurting his resale value. I would not let it influence me one bit, unless your motorhome is very old and in disrepair, then the neighbor may have a point.
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #118
Another twist:

If you move, how long before they sell? What if it's a long time?

Say you don't like storing your MH off site. You have already agreed that your MH has devalued his property by joining in this scheme. You have also agreed that your MH needed to be hidden from prospective buyers.

If you move it off site, you are "all in" waiting for the sale of that house. Sounds like he is $20K too high for a quick sale.

Apologize to Jack and Jill and tell them that the neighborhood is what it is. He will have to find a buyer willing to move into a neighborhood without such restrictions.
cj23andout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #119
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here's another thought. What if you did move to storage while Jack & Jill sells the house. Now the new neighbors move in and you move your motorhome back to your house and the new neighbor finds out you moved it just for the sale of the house they just bought. They might see this as a failure for Jack & Jill to disclose the fact that you had a motorhome that you might park at your house. Could possibly lead to a civil lawsuit against Jack & Jill as well as the realtor. Just a thought. If it were me, I would want any perspective neighbor to know I had a motorhome.
Fred Kennerson
2003 Dolphin L/X 6320
Yucaipa, Ca
kennersonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:31 PM   #120
Ain't no body's business but your own. HWms.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #121

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Tell Jack and Jill to go back up there hill. I started parking the mh in the driveway from first day of ownership. The city inspector drives by almost daily and I haven't heard Boo. Going on 4 years. Heard several what do your neighbors think? My response was I don't care what they think.
and by the way I also pay taxes.
(going Full time next fall, Shh its a secret)
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #122
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
I need a little advice. I live on a street with nice big home lots, I have 3/4 acre with my house closer to the road with a large back yard. Unfortunately the backyard is wetland (can't park there) so I asked one of my neighbors if he would mind if I put a parking pad on the side of my driveway, our land abutts. He said yes no problem and congratulated me on the new Motorhome purchase.

The other neighbor (lets call them Jack & Jill) just informed me that he's moving and his realtor says he'll lose at least $20K of home value just because my motorhome will be visible from the side of their house.

I am within my legal rights to park my motorhome on my property and I have written permission from one neighbor where I abutt.

Jack and Jill asked if I would be willing to park off-site at a commercial yard several miles away for the whole spring/summer/fall season. Remember, this is our NEW motorhome. We have never owned a motorhome before, we can't wait to use it every other weekend or more. I am not inclined to park off site. Jack and Jill said they would pay for us parking it off site.

Now I feel terrible that I might cause them to lose money on their house. Yet, we don't want our new very expensive motorhome sitting in some open yard with limited access.

He knew several months in advance we were going to buy one, I showed him where we were going to park it. He congratulated me and never said a word about moving. Now I get this email and I feel terrible.

I would love to hear your input, what do you think?
I doubt seriously if all else looks good in the neighborhood, it's going to have any effect on the sale, but having said that, he should have bought in a gated community in the first place, if he likes restrictions and one must wonder if he's doing so now? Obviously, you didn't and like many others including myself, who don't like those kind of restrictions. Yes, some will trash their property, no matter what and even though we don't always like that, a man's home is his castle and others just have to take the bad with the good, when without restrictions.
On another note, maybe this neighbor would like to pay you a monthly inconvenience fee for moving your coach off property, until his home is sold.
07 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_C9 Clatterpillar_ Allison 3000
1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (SOLD)
Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER
tropical36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 AM   #123
What do you care about Jack & Jill? They're moving anyway.
2013 Jayco Pinnacle 36REQS
2015 Ford F350 Super Duty 4X4 Diesel Long Bed Lariet
harryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #124
Lots of responses here and I did not read them all so sorry if this is a repeat. I live in a neighborhood that does not allow them. I'm currently looking for a lot to build a house where they do allow them. That being said when I find this lot and build my house I can assure you no one is going to convince me to not park my RV there. While I sympathize with the sellers they should have not purchased a home in a neighborhood that allows RVs to park there. And there is the bottom line no matter how you dissect this situation. Judgement for the defendant. Case closed.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #125
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I think there is some validity to the notion that if the RV is parked there when the future owner views the home, and later takes ownership, there's far less likely to be any friction on that point - he/she won't be able to complain "I didn't know".

I'd go on with my life, trusting that you are within the community rules, and let the chips fall.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #126
Maybe the new owners will have an RV too.

Fl_Richard is offline   Reply With Quote