Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #15
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I would not move it.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Funny this should come up. Went to my sisters home for Easter and saw a RV parked in a driveway on her street. When I inquired if their home owners association objected to it being there they said no, but if anyone was trying to sell their home, it could have a negative impact on price. They are both realtors. Just repeating what two professional realtors said.In my city their is an ordinance against storing your RV on your property for over 72 hrs.. Several of my neighbors have trailers and class C's that they store year around. They are not bothered by the city. Last year I was given several warnings to remove my MH prior to the 72 hr. rule taking affect. When I inquired "WHY ME", I was told because it is larger then the rest. We have a class A.

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #17

people are so funny
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #18

A small sign. billy goats for sale will do the trick !! I am quite sure you have a bill of assurance but it would be fun and probably get their mind off motorhome LOL hey have to have some fun when you can good luck
greg-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Immediately remove Jack and Jill from your Christmas card list.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #20

I would rather have the new people realize there will be an Rv parked there.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Excellent point - and I agree
Old 04-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
I wouldn't move it......as long as it was legal where it it.....Jack & Jill strike me as the type of neighbors who if it was the other way around, would tell you to stick it and care less what you asked them
I also don't think they will lose 20k.....they have a realtor just looking for a reasons why they can't sell the house....

Years ago, had a neighbor who complained that I let the grass grow higher than anyone else on the street...his complaint was, we went away almost every weekend and then during the week it would rain a few days and take me longer to cut than HE would like.....
I told him, anytime it was too long for him, to just jump in,if we weren't home and cut it for me...that lasted about 3x's...then he suddenly didn't really care how long it got...lol...
Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
I also don't think they will lose 20k.....they have a realtor just looking for a reasons why they can't sell the house....
BINGO!!! Built in excuse for poor performance.

Besides, how many folks have "lost" 20K from their original, pie in the sky asking price?
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #24

I live in a suburb 4 blocks north of the city of st paul. When I remodeled and built a garage I sent letter to city and got code for parking RV on a corner city lot.
Then it was it must be behind the front edge of home and at least 5 foot from side or back lot line. I am parked between home and garage and have line painted 5' from rear lot line. I park there when not using during summer months. My neighbors behind me did not like seeing rear of rig. I suggested that he put fertilizer on his lilac bushes so he could not see it and he did she still does not like us but I am legal and thats how it goes.

There are more than 50 in our city and some are parked in the driveway and block neighbors view but code is not enforced.
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:38 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Make 100% sure that there are no covenants or restrictions that you will be running afoul of. If none, do as you please. That is why there are zoning rules. The lack of a restriction means you are in your rights to put your motorhome there on your property. My insurance carrier gives me a discount for storing my coach at my house and not in a commercial storage lot. I wonder why???
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #26

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A new coach sitting in one of my neighbor's driveways would definitely be an up for our neighborhood, which is just a nice middle middle class subdivision, houses from 1800-2800 sf, about 20-30 years old.

I did a lot of investigating about sizes and lengths, City Code, subdivisions rules and all that good stuff before I bought my coach and just for good measure, got the next door neighbors blessing as well.

I've had more issues with my neighbors tree canopy height above the street than anything else.

Anyway, back to the OP, Jack and Jill's Realtor, you can't really get rid of the Realtor for them, but you can sit down and discuss with them the fact that you really do not want to move the coach, and while you appreciate the possibility of someone not approving of your coach in viewpoint, it would be considered kind of a fraudulent thing wouldn't it?

I mean, the seller pays you to move your coach and store it off site, then the new buyer moves in and immediately re-appears your coach? WOW! Do they think neighbors don't talk to each other? Isn't there an issue with disclosure there? And if they are trying to make you 'cover up' your coach parking place so they can sell their place at an allegedly higher price then the new owner hates RV's and on and on and on...you get the picture.

Don't do it. Don't contribute to their wanting to be dishonest with a new home buyer about his or new home and its neighborhood.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #27
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Rockwood View Post
IMHO the realtor is scamming. It will be easier for him to sell the property if he can take off 20,000 of the top before even trying to sell it.
Amen to that. Listing agents just want a quick sale.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
I spent 32 years in the real estate business. That converstion would never have happened with Jack & Jill unless the Realtor was trying to lowball the listing. In the area I marketed in, Denver CO. RV parking would have carried a bonus selling price.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote