Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #29
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Very good point, Kent.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #30

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Seems to me if I was a buyer, I'd see that the neighbors weren't destitute and are probably going to keep the place looking good...

So, you can guess that my opinion is to leave it stored right where it is...
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I spent 32 years in the real estate business. That converstion would never have happened with Jack & Jill unless the Realtor was trying to lowball the listing. In the area I marketed in, Denver CO. RV parking would have carried a bonus selling price.
We have strict parking laws in our small town and a lot big enough to park a rv or boat ( 20 feet back from road and must be in a side yard with a 6 foot fence) comes up for sell it doesn't last long. Any we did pay more than the house was worth because it had an RV pad with elec,water,and sewer. But there is always someone going to the city counsel trying to get the rv's out of the city. Just hope you don't get another jack and jill moving in next door.

Don
Old 04-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
A new coach sitting in one of my neighbor's driveways would definitely be an up for our neighborhood, which is just a nice middle middle class subdivision, houses from 1800-2800 sf, about 20-30 years old.

I did a lot of investigating about sizes and lengths, City Code, subdivisions rules and all that good stuff before I bought my coach and just for good measure, got the next door neighbors blessing as well.

I've had more issues with my neighbors tree canopy height above the street than anything else.

Anyway, back to the OP, Jack and Jill's Realtor, you can't really get rid of the Realtor for them, but you can sit down and discuss with them the fact that you really do not want to move the coach, and while you appreciate the possibility of someone not approving of your coach in viewpoint, it would be considered kind of a fraudulent thing wouldn't it?

I mean, the seller pays you to move your coach and store it off site, then the new buyer moves in and immediately re-appears your coach? WOW! Do they think neighbors don't talk to each other? Isn't there an issue with disclosure there? And if they are trying to make you 'cover up' your coach parking place so they can sell their place at an allegedly higher price then the new owner hates RV's and on and on and on...you get the picture.

Don't do it. Don't contribute to their wanting to be dishonest with a new home buyer about his or new home and its neighborhood.

DW and I were just discussing the disclosure aspect. Good call .

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
In the land of mostly tan
We built a house bright blue.
the builder of the home across the street complained mightily, and threatened court action to our builder, for he feared his place would not sell.
Well, there really were no laws written about the color of one's abode but we lost anyway and repainted a dimmer hue of blue.
Life went on and soon other homes in the neighbor hood started showing up brighter blue and none of them were forced to repaint. That almighty dollar sure has some clout if someone fears they won't make enough of it.....
The builder across the street painted his house the color found in my newborn's breastfed diapers, we didn't have drapes up yet... and I had to look at that everyday many times when I walked up the steps from the baby's room.... I should have sued him back to repaint a color that didn't disgust me, but I'm not into that scene.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
I had the same situation. I complied with all the HOA and Village rules, regulations and covenants. The neighbors (only 2) got upset. They had the HOA and Village code enforcement police to my property more times than I can count. Little did they know I had been working with these people before I did anything. Cost me about $10K to comply, but it was worth it. The coach is 9 years old and we have not spoken in 9 years. Their loss, not mine.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:56 PM   #35

Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My wife sold Real estate for many years and I know for a fact that there are a lot of areas that do not allow RV parking. If your area does and your neighbors have room to put in a pad like you did. It is actually a selling feature this I know from experience.
WE lived in a neighborhood that allowed RV"S. When my DW sold our home the first thing the owners did was move there unit on the pad that I built. It was the pad that sold the house. Private RV parking is getting rare. You are actually advertising for a potential RV buyer to purchase the home.
Don't let your neighbors rattle you they are not thinking. There are people who would pay extra for what you have.
Wouldn't it be nice if another RV"R was to purchase the house next door. After all they are the best kind of people.
Ted Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingHawk View Post
Doesn't matter if Jack & Jill get pissed off. They are moving anyhow.
I would say "See Ya"!

USAF Air Force Retired
CanAmMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
I would rather have the new people realize there will be an Rv parked there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker1956 View Post
Excellent point - and I agree
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Don't do it. Don't contribute to their wanting to be dishonest with a new home buyer about his or new home and its neighborhood.

100% a-men to the above folks' very good advice.

Why take a chance at ticking off your NEW neighbors that you'll still be living with while the formers are off somewhere else?

I frankly think it outrageous that they made such a request at all, especially given that you're perfectly within your legal rights to do what you're doing; and that it's only become an "issue" since they feel there's twenty thousand dollars in it for them.

Speaking of that money, you might get back to them and inquire:

Since if you move the rig you'd be directly responsible for the "enhancement" they expect to reap such a reward from, surely they intend to split that extra twenty thou with you....right?
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #38

If I were looking for a home, the ability to park my RV on my property would be a plus. I understand the concern about permanently parking a derelict battered motorhome within view, but that's not the case here. Our HOA allows RV parking if the RV is 30' from the curb and I like it that way. Nobody in the 170 homes here takes advantage of that privilege.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #39

I don't know about where you are but in California Jack and Jill could be sued for fraud if the new buyers found out this deception.
Traveler52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #40

If there is actually $20,000 at stake, it would be only fair to split it. If Jack and Jill are willing to pay you $10,000 to park your RV at a storage facility for the season, you might consider it. For that matter, they would come out way ahead by paying you $15,000 - they would still make a $5,000 profit from the deal and you could enjoy a very nice trip to Alaska.
wallacerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:33 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
So ... I'm wondering ... where are Jack and Jill going?

Up the hill?

And if so, what are they going after?

Are they aware of the dangers? You know you could break something! Might take all of the King's men ... No, wait, that's another issue.

SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #42

Holy cr p. My motorhome sits beside my house in the back yard and my whole lot is only 50'x 100'. My neighbours don't care one bit.