Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2018, 05:00 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
New Air Conditioner

A big Texas shout out to Texas RV Supply. They were kind enough to squeeze me in as I am from Massachusetts traveling to visit the National Parks. My a/c died and they replaced it under extended warranty, along with installing rear tire extenders on the valve stems, repaired the cabinet door under the sink and replaced the outside radio wip antenna. On top of it all, they let us stay in their yard overnight. THANK YOU once again for your hospitality and taking care of my wife and me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
A big Texas shout out to Texas RV Supply. They were kind enough to squeeze me in as I am from Massachusetts traveling to visit the National Parks. My a/c died and they replaced it under extended warranty, along with installing rear tire extenders on the valve stems, repaired the cabinet door under the sink and replaced the outside radio wip antenna. On top of it all, they let us stay in their yard overnight. THANK YOU once again for your hospitality and taking care of my wife and me.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Good for them. Keep your eye on the pressures, lots of problems with extenders leaking badly. The solid metal ones seem to work better than the flexible kind but best to check them each morning to make sure.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:05 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Its a sealed unit on the roof. Nothing to view or maintain except the filter.
Old 04-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGundy View Post
Its a sealed unit on the roof. Nothing to view or maintain except the filter.
Keymastr was talking about your new Valve Extenders, not the AC Unit.
Elwood58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 07:49 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
The a/c was my first priority. It's been a long windy drive to Fort Stockton, Texas. I will check periodically the new metal extenders.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:40 AM   #7

We should follow your lead and give kudos to those who give great customer service. Too often all we hear on the forum are complaints - I guess that is just human nature. Taking my own advice, here are several companies which have given me great customer service:

1. I. G. Burton Truck & Bus Center in Milford, Delaware (authorized Cat, Cummins, and Spartan service). Best to make an appointment with Jen. Burton is the place to take your DP for service in this area.

2. Hitchens Tire Service in Milford, DE. Big truck experts (and MHs).

3. Delmarva RV Center in Milford, DE. They installed my new front roof AC unit and new thermostat. Also found leak and repaired hyd line to HWH jack.

4. Als Diesel in Janesville, Wisconsin. Replaced water pump. Called after hours on Wed and he was out early the next day to where we were camped to make sure he would get the right part. Came back in the afternoon and replaced pump, coolant, and serpentine belt in less than two hours. He also spent approx 1/2 hr solving an unrelated nagging problem at no charge. His office handled the paperwork with my service contract provider for reimbursement.

5. Transport Equipment in Missoula, Montana. Authorized Cummins and Cat service. Replaced H2O/Fuel filter with faulty sensor (hate those alarm buzzers). We pulled in off the interstate and were on our way to the campground in less than 1 1/2 hr. We did call ahead from the road earlier in the day, however, to make the appointment.

6. GRC Tire Center in Columbia Falls, MT. Bought replacement chassis batteries. They came out to campground the same day ordered and installed the beasts for $75 labor charge. Price on batteries was fair.

7. JC Refrigeration in Shipshewana, Indiana (near Elkhart). Replaced cooling unit of failed Nevercold 1200LRIM refer. Made the appointment one day, arrive morning of the next day and JC pulled refer out, installed new helium charged Amish cooling unit, replaced refer in cabinet, tested unit - all by lunchtime. Has work great since June 2017 installation.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
Good for them. Keep your eye on the pressures, lots of problems with extenders leaking badly. The solid metal ones seem to work better than the flexible kind but best to check them each morning to make sure.
I will try 5o send a picture of them.

Tags
air, air conditioner