Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2014, 01:01 PM   #1

New Blinds

All,

Am looking for the thread of a member who purchased replacement blinds at Lowe's; really not looking forward to rethreading a 10 year old blind in our Journey. Ideal replacement would be a blind that can be cut in the store. Challenge is our first blind fits a window 59" long blind and 24" wide window; don't see too many windows like that in homes.

Thanks for any help!
ArmyGuy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We purchased all new window blinds at Home Depot last year. Took photos and measurements of all of the windows and had new ones cut to fit width size, we cut the length after we had them in place. Took about 3 hours to do all 6 of the windows.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
We just purchased and installed new cockpit blinds from Lowes. We bought Levlor internal string blinds. We had elec blinds and everytime we turned around they were quitting. I just got tired of messing with them and went with the pull down blinds. We ordered the levlor celular internal string. We measured our windows and then ordered through Lowes. Took about 6 days tp get them in and they were delivered to the house. Got them installed today and they work great. We ordered four blinds, one is about 24" wide, one about 30", one 55" and the front one was 96". I think total cost was 700.00. Kinda steep, but way cheaper than doing it the MCD way. Obviouly they are not day/night and we didn't care as we keep them closed most of the time to keep the dogs from seeing out and barking. I think we will start changing out the rest of them a few at a time and I see no reason to get anything different.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #4

A few years ago we replaced our bedroom blinds with cellular black out shades we got at Lowes. The ones we got weren't too expensive and easy to install. They cut them to fit at the store. Many times we have been very glad that we got the black out shades, especially when we were in Alaska because it almost never got dark. Next we want to replace the curtains around the windshield, just haven't had the nerve to tackle that job yet.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:27 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carolina Campers
Just saw this thread. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/hone...rv-192437.html I like the idea of blinds you can lower from the top. We may look into these!
Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
In case you have never done it before restringing blinds is very easy. I had a string break and I replaced it. If I can do it anyone can.
gemini5362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGuy51 View Post
All, Am looking for the thread of a member who purchased replacement blinds at Lowe's; really not looking forward to rethreading a 10 year old blind in our Journey. Ideal replacement would be a blind that can be cut in the store. Challenge is our first blind fits a window 59" long blind and 24" wide window; don't see too many windows like that in homes. Thanks for any help!
if the only thing wrong is a broken string, it's not a big deal at all. You can buy all the pieces you need from fixmyblinds.com. Whoever made these for Winnebago installed the grommets upside down, and that is likely why it failed. I have restrung all of mine anywhere from the dinette table, to the driveway, to a table in the middle of Quartzsite. It's actually harder to snap them into their mount in the frame.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:57 AM   #8

Just FYI, Lowes is running all Levolor special order blinds on sale from Black Friday 2014 through the following Wednesday for a 50% discount. Use your Lowes card for an additional 5% off that. Five replacements for my Dynasty using the Classic Cellular with room darkening internal string blinds will run me about $550.