Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
rjsupersonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 487
New C02 detector

I was planning on replacing my C02 detector which is 6 years old. I shut down all power including my battery disconnect, the detectors green light is still on??? I have he push-in type 12 volt fuses. Can someone tell be how to cut the power to the detector so I can swap it out?? I have a 2007 National Sea Breeze.
__________________

__________________
2007 National Sea Breeze
rjsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Skip426's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Powell River, B.C.
Posts: 14,970
My CO, ( carbon monoxide ) detector has a 9 volt battery in it .
Have you dropped the detector to see , what it has powering it up?
If you have the coach disconnected from shore power, you're in no danger of getting a shock, even if it does happen to be 110v powered .
__________________

__________________
99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
Registered User
 
jhlady's Avatar
 
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oregon / Arizona
Posts: 92
Mine was wired to the 12V source on the chassis battery, not the coach battery.

Hope this helps.
__________________
jhlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
dirko's Avatar
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Draper, UT
Posts: 547
Hi Ho: Most coaches wire the CO detector directly to the battery (through a fuse of course). Short of finding the fuse you have to disconnect the battery to remove power. But since it is 12 volts, my approach is that already mentioned. Just make sure you don't ground the 12 volt wire--then you will have to find the fuse--and go ahead and replace it.
__________________
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
rjsupersonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 487
Thanks for the great answers, I am sure it does not have a 9 volt battery it is hard wired to 12 volt. I will try and disconnect the chassis battery, just don't want to take a chance of shorting it out if I don't disconnect it. Not sure why the propane detector is on the house battery/disconnect but the Co2 is not.
__________________
2007 National Sea Breeze
rjsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Craig_R's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huson, MT
Posts: 1,043
My CO2 detector is on the same circuit as the bedroom slides. As a matter of fact, with the detector out of the circuit the slides will not operate.
__________________
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
caheath's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Everywhere USA
Posts: 152
Just pull out the fuse... not all the way out but until the light goesciut. Use needle nose pliers. I did this 5 days ago on my Dolphin.
__________________
Consuelo
2004 National Dolphin LX 6342 on W22
Blog
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
rjsupersonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 487
Where is the fuse? I have a 12volt fuse panel but it has the little pop out buttons ??? Is there another fuse?
__________________
2007 National Sea Breeze
rjsupersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Craig_R's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huson, MT
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
Where is the fuse? I have a 12volt fuse panel but it has the little pop out buttons ??? Is there another fuse?
There isn't likely a fuse that is specific to the CO2 detector. It's probably incorporated into another circuit. My CO2 detector has a green LED that indicates that it has power and it is incorporated into the same circuit as the bedroom slides. So if I wanted to shut power off to the detector I'd pull the fuse for the bedroom slides. I know it sounds weird, but that's the way it's wired. You can pull the fuses from the house panel until the LED light goes out. When it does you'll know you have the right fuse.
__________________
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:21 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
caheath's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Everywhere USA
Posts: 152
My Dolphin has a dedicated pop-out fuse. Use needle nose pliers to pull the fuse outward, in the popped out position. Push back in after you replace the detector.
__________________
Consuelo
2004 National Dolphin LX 6342 on W22
Blog
caheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
trode's Avatar
 
National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 810
I went to battery operated, but am curious about "hard wired", is there not a plug in connector? Mine had a bit of a pig tail on it with a plug connector about 6 inches inside the wall.
__________________

__________________
Tom and Patty
The "Rode Crew"
2004 National RV, Seabreeze 1341, F-53 22K, Chevy Malibu toad.
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LP detector mysteriously going off baraff RV Systems & Appliances 14 10-21-2014 06:21 AM
Carbon Monoxide Detector JDT Excel Owner's Forum 9 08-11-2014 04:32 PM
Propane detector, no power? 01 DS mikee409 Newmar Owner's Forum 6 06-27-2014 05:22 PM
lpg detector steviez iRV2.com General Discussion 3 03-27-2014 05:06 PM
Carbon Monoxide detector going crazy Ragman MH-General Discussions & Problems 17 10-01-2013 01:18 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.