Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
rodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forcefull View Post
nothing wrong with skeptical...
I own an auto repair shop,...

when they delivered the fr3, the front brakes were smoking...I acused the delivery guy of towing a car with it.. it said he didn't...but I was skeptical
so ,... anyway.. I drive it to get gas..."feels like it has a bad wheel bearing or tire problem" I tell my wife...
I had another set of tires at the shop, have my guy swap them...
seems to have got better.. so we head out...

we went about 60miles...and again tell my wife... something is way bad here, feels like the wheel is gonna fall off....

so I get to the side of the road..lift it up on the levelers...you could pull the top of the tire a good 10"..

I thought they never tight'n the lugs....took the cap off,... all good

took the bearing cap off....dust.... the rollers were complete gone!!!

That's ridiculous. In your video the wheel is spinning easily with your hand. If in fact you could pull the top of the tire 10" as you claim, everything would be junk including the spindle. It would have fallen off way before it got that bad. No one has heard of this problem, but it's happened to you twice. Sorry, not buying it.
__________________

__________________
2009 Ventana 3933
rodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2014, 07:35 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 9,795
And his guy changed the tire, but didn`t see the wheel falling off? He needs a new guy
__________________

__________________
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 205
This is not my motorhome he is a friend that has bought many more motorhomes than me. I posted this for people to be aware of potential problem. If you do not think it is real move on! If you think it is real check your equipment.
__________________
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Lt46's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 632
Boy, some of these responses are ridiculous. Do you suppose this guy got out of bed one day and decided to make this story up? Then, to share it, not only in text, but in photo's and video? Really?
Got a news flash for some; there have been reports of the front shock towers on the new F53 chassis not being torqued correctly and eventually loosened to the point of rattle.
2forcefull, thanks for the heads up. Should have posted into the Ford forum where the report would have been appreciated.
__________________
Peter
1997 F53 Adventurer 37rw
IAFF L-792 (Retired)
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:13 AM   #33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodz View Post
That's ridiculous. In your video the wheel is spinning easily with your hand. If in fact you could pull the top of the tire 10" as you claim, everything would be junk including the spindle. It would have fallen off way before it got that bad. No one has heard of this problem, but it's happened to you twice. Sorry, not buying it.
guess you didn't wanna take the time to read the posts before you attack
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
And his guy changed the tire, but didn`t see the wheel falling off? He needs a new guy
when the tire was changed the bearing was still tight...I drove it about 200 miles in town..took it out and got it weighed, took it to do the tire swap,..did a lot of repairs for a new motor home..most take it back, but I figure I can fix it better because I will go the extra mile to make the job right...

people,..please read the story infull before insulting...
here's the 2015 fr3 30d.... we traded it in on the 27b tribute by winnabago..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motorhome 043.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	81686   Click image for larger version

Name:	motorhome 024.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	81687  

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
I'm not try'n to defend myself here... but decided to sign up here to defend a friend of mine that only was try'n to help others..

hey, if someone tells me a grasshopper will pull a plow.i wanna see them hook it up

anyway.. heres the repair bill from ford....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fr3#2 001.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	81695   Click image for larger version

Name:	fr3#2 002.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	81696  

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 205
I hate to see motorhomes stuck on the side of the road because I know what a pain it is to get towed and the repair process. Not like a car.
__________________
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 647
Just goes to show, that when you do a video for your business, you need to think twice about how it will be perceived. Video watchers are paying more attention and are worried about being deceived. You can't blame people for a conclusion that is different than you intended, when a video is done poorly. People want to know your qualifications and they want to see that you look like you know what you are doing. Also, the words are important and how you describe the situation. If he has friends on the forum, he could have asked one of them to introduce him in the video and mention his reputation and your experiences with him.

The problem does not reside with those watching and responding to the videos.
__________________
RodgerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 72
I enjoyed the video, although I do not have a Ford Chassis.
As a former ASE certified mechanic, I always carry tools. BUT I bought a "bran new" motorhome and felt confident on it's maiden voyage that I didn't need to carry any tools...but I was wrong. What I'm saying I've been in your shoes with a new MH and having to borrow tools is embarrassing.
__________________
2010 Fleetwood Discovery, Cummins ISB 350, 2016 Jeep Rubicon or 2005 Jeep Rubicon.
jth camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:28 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth camper View Post
I enjoyed the video, although I do not have a Ford Chassis.
As a former ASE certified mechanic, I always carry tools. BUT I bought a "bran new" motorhome and felt confident on it's maiden voyage that I didn't need to carry any tools...but I was wrong. What I'm saying I've been in your shoes with a new MH and having to borrow tools is embarrassing.

I was told when I bought a motorhome get your tools out it never stops.
__________________
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:02 PM   #40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
Just goes to show, that when you do a video for your business, you need to think twice about how it will be perceived. Video watchers are paying more attention and are worried about being deceived. You can't blame people for a conclusion that is different than you intended, when a video is done poorly. People want to know your qualifications and they want to see that you look like you know what you are doing. Also, the words are important and how you describe the situation. If he has friends on the forum, he could have asked one of them to introduce him in the video and mention his reputation and your experiences with him.

The problem does not reside with those watching and responding to the videos.
not to be rude... but, what are you talking about
most didn'twatch the videos...

I didn't do the video for my business...I have no business on the side of the road try'n to adjust the castle nut on a brand new motor home..
I did the video to send to the dealer ,as stated, who would believe it wouldhappen twice...

my friend decided to post it here and abunch of haters attact'd the thread

I'm here to defend and showa little proof that it really did happen ... that's all..
__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
jwmaustin's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nashville, IN 47448
Posts: 598
Not RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerS View Post
Considering the lack of quality control in the rv industry, a few more robots, and a few humans on the assembly line, might improve things.
I'm not certain on this but I would be willing to bet that MH manufacturers simply pull in a chassis from FORD and add on the MH parts. I'm not sure they would take wheels loose, etc. So the bearings and tightness, grease, etc. are what is seen on all trucks, not just a MH. If there were problems that bad there'd be more awareness of it....and possibly a recall.

Like another person said, the assembly lines at major auto manufacturers are going to watch for something like this.
__________________
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 06:44 PM   #42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
I'm not certain on this but I would be willing to bet that MH manufacturers simply pull in a chassis from FORD and add on the MH parts. I'm not sure they would take wheels loose, etc. So the bearings and tightness, grease, etc. are what is seen on all trucks, not just a MH. If there were problems that bad there'd be more awareness of it....and possibly a recall.

Like another person said, the assembly lines at major auto manufacturers are going to watch for something like this.
really??? what are you try'n to say??? everything is fake and itnever happened???
__________________

__________________
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
class a, motorhome, gas, motorhomes



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Class C Motorhomes from Thor Motor Coach Arriving at a Dealer Near You DriVer RV Industry Press 0 06-17-2014 11:42 AM
I am Torn Between Class A Gasser and Class C NerdyNomad MH-General Discussions & Problems 41 06-16-2014 07:33 AM
Class A buyer Dilemma NEW Gas or USED Diesel compute42 Class A Motorhome Discussions 44 04-27-2014 12:34 AM
A High End Gas Class A or A Low End Diesel Pusher Grandcanyon Class A Motorhome Discussions 110 04-23-2014 11:22 AM
Maximizing our Gas Rewards 2Labs Just Conversation 2 06-02-2013 08:39 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.