Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2015, 09:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete6737 View Post
Willandjane. Nice pics of your rig. You are going to enjoy that. What's the make?
Thank you Pete.....it's a NeXas Bentley DP 36 foot 4 slides with a cummins 360ISBXT, 800 lbs of torque....type in NeXas RV on the web of Facebook.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2015, 09:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
We traded and bought from Lichtsinn Motors which is 1 mile from the factory in Forest City Iowa. We picked it up with 40 miles on the OD.

Enjoy your search.

TeJay
Lichtman Motors is one option for Winnebago Itasca motor homes. Another is direct factory pickup. I had my local dealer check and Winnebago does have a factory pickup program. It will cost delivery fee plus an additional pickup charge.

I believe that Lichtman would be the best option. Lichtman was my first choice of dealerships but I didn't think that I could make a long trip at the time of purchase.

If you want new I would suggest that you order a new coach with only the options you want. Negotiate a best price with a dealer. It will not cost any more than s coach a dealer ordered with options that they think will sell the coach.

The downside to ordering is the wait. Our new Sightseer 33C just arrived at our dealership last night. I suspect that it has about 2K miles. We will go look at it. We have been waiting for months. As a part of our deal we delivered our old coach to the dealer six weeks ago. This is the first time in forty years that we haven't had a RV in our driveway. DW and I have missed having a coach. Washington State has had a great summer.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #17

If you want to keep the motor clean and thinking of getting a DP you need to look at coaches with side radiator because with a rear radiator you will have to go down through the bedroom to see the motor plus the repair bill going up if and when it needs to be worked on. Just something to think about.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 10:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Lichtman Motors is one option for Winnebago Itasca motor homes. Another is direct factory pickup. I had my local dealer check and Winnebago does have a factory pickup program. It will cost delivery fee plus an additional pickup charge.

I believe that Lichtman would be the best option. Lichtman was my first choice of dealerships but I didn't think that I could make a long trip at the time of purchase.

If you want new I would suggest that you order a new coach with only the options you want. Negotiate a best price with a dealer. It will not cost any more than s coach a dealer ordered with options that they think will sell the coach.

The downside to ordering is the wait. Our new Sightseer 33C just arrived at our dealership last night. I suspect that it has about 2K miles. We will go look at it. We have been waiting for months. As a part of our deal we delivered our old coach to the dealer six weeks ago. This is the first time in forty years that we haven't had a RV in our driveway. DW and I have missed having a coach. Washington State has had a great summer.

Safe travels. JD
I do not understand the delivery fee plus pick up....I am buying factory direct from NeXas in Indiana and there is no factory pick up or delivery charge. In fact that have an a program "fly and drive" where they will fly you up to $500.00 in air fair to come to their factory putting you up for a night if necessary and you go through your coach....you can then live in it, drive it around as you wish and reasonably leave the factory full hook spots when you are satisfied everything works. You get it right off the factory floor....and too the last post, I still thought the idea was to buy it clean with little dirt and rust just and you would buy a car right off the show room floor....that is what I am getting and after that, keeping it clean irregardless of how the radiator is mounted is my problem.

Lastly NeXas wants to change how business is done and save the customer $60,000 or so with all the fees....the only draw back is that you have to come and get it as well perhaps fly there to check out what your getting before you order and that's why you have local dealers.

WDK
WillandJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #19

Great suggestions! Thank you
Pete6737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, engine