Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
New Floor Covering

We are coming from upstate New York to the lower Keys in August and September and we want to change out the carpeting and flooring in our 2005 Dutchstar DP. Can anyone sugest a good reputable facility on that route. We'll go as far west as Knoxville and Asheville and plan to stay near the coast from Wilmington to the Keys. Looking for someone to do a really good job in a reasonable amount of time. We are fulltimers so we can hang while the work is being done.

Thanks
tnsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #2

You are soooo in luck.

We own a 2002 DSDP. We decided to redo our flooring. Two slides. We wanted a solid single sheet of vinyl. I had seen several versions, including some very high priced solid wood, both planks and strips. Ours turned out nicer. He showed us several materials he had worked with previously, and he will do most anything, but we went with his recommendation and have not regretted a single thing. We are also full-timers, so we dropped the rig on a Monday afternoon, and he called us Thursday evening and said it was ready. We took the toad on a tour of Savannah to Myrtle Beach, looking at places to stay. we spent Monday night in the rig at his place, and arrived back Thursday evening, in time for the night shift at Williams Allison to do a trans oil service right down the road. Went back, stayed in his lot that night, pulled out Friday. 2 nights in a hotel, could not believe he got it all done. My other half is picky, and he passed her test. He changed all the carpeting as well as the entire main floor in one vinyl sheet, right into the shower and opposite bath. Made carpet mats for the entry and steps, all edged and bottomed with non-slip.

I promised I would not divulge price but it was half of every other estimate, and most of those wanted a week and a half.

Tell him Michael and Marilyn sent you, and we love our new interior!

803 796 7722 Steve @ RV Flooring Replacement.
Lexington, South Carolina, suburb of Columbia.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for your reply. Did you redo the slide floor and the bedroom? Also does the person who did the work have a website? Thanks TOm
tnsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:04 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
check my profile
I'm in Texas
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
We are from just outside Syracuse and just got an estimate from Bill's Carpet in North Syracuse to replace the carpet. Kind of struggled with the decision to do Pergo type floor or the carpet and decided on carpet. Three slides, one a flat floor and it came out to about $2200 total. Could have gone a little cheaper on the carpet but went with stain proof, unravel proof for more. It is supposed to be stain proof for ten years, no exceptions. We will see about that. Haven't set up a date yet but will be soon.

Coincidentally we go every winter to the Florida Keys.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote