Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #1

New flooring yet again

We put down expensive allure cherry click flooring in our whole coach last year. Well now, it has started to buckle. I went on the reviews for allure which I should have done before I made the investment and so many people are having problems with this stuff. It seems it is very temperature sensitive and has to be in climate controlled environments. Well I had a flooring company come out today and we will be changing all the flooring and even the carpet on the slide and the cover over the engine in the bedroom and if won't even be anywhere near what I spent for the allure. Also allure has lots of embossing in it and that is exactly where all the dirt is staying. We clean it with a wet swifer and I think maybe moisture from it might have gone under the floor, but it said it is waterproof from the top.
Rusty years is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #2

I have been told by two different people at Lowes not to use the click flooring in an RV. The reasons they give are same as your experience. That is moisture seeping thru and environmental, as in temperature variations. There is an Allure they suggest that is not the click. They say it should do just fine. In any event for our 5th wheel it would be around $900 just for Allure. So we have not done anything just yet.
jablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:43 PM   #3

I would suggest going with a engineered flooring material and nail down instead of leaving it floating. You can put down their vapor barrier or put a cheap linoleum down first.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
adhere the engineered with urethane adhesive. if you try and nail it, you will hit some metal and the nail will immediately turn and come back up thru the new surface.
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jablair View Post
I have been told by two different people at Lowes not to use the click flooring in an RV. The reasons they give are same as your experience. That is moisture seeping thru and environmental, as in temperature variations. There is an Allure they suggest that is not the click. They say it should do just fine. In any event for our 5th wheel it would be around $900 just for Allure. So we have not done anything just yet.
We used the adhesive overlapping full floating Allure in our old TT. That is likely what they referenced and it worked great. We never had a problem with buckling and that's down here in FL.