Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #1

new from Wyoming

I have a 2007 country coach Magna. I am interested in the 2014 or 2016 entegra cornerstone. I would like to find someone that can really talk to me about the differences between the two. Is there someone out there familiar with both? If not,, someone familiar with the cornerstone would be very helpful since I am familiar with cc Magna.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 PM   #2

new from Wyoming

I have a 2007 country coach Magna. I am interested in the 2014 or 2016 entegra cornerstone. I would like to find someone that can really talk to me about the differences between the two. Is there someone out there familiar with both? If not,, someone familiar with the cornerstone would be very helpful since I am familiar with cc Magna.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Can't help you with your question about the Entegra coach but I'm sure someone will be along that can help. In the mean time check out the owners forum and in the drop box you will see Entegra......click on it and there will be a forum where most of the folks are Entegra owners.
Good luck with your search and choice.

Safe and Happy Travels.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:22 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Can't help you with your question about the Entegra coach but I'm sure someone will be along that can help. In the mean time check out the owners forum and in the drop box you will see Entegra......click on it and there will be a forum where most of the folks are Entegra owners.
Good luck with your search and choice.

Safe and Happy Travels.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:52 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!

I have never been in a Cornerstone, but going strictly by price, the Magna is a somewhat higher priced coach. CC is designing a new Magna (although they are making a prototype Allure right now) and they have tentatively priced new Magna at between $800K and $900K. The price point for the Cornerstone is less than that.

That said, I have read many positive comments on the Cornerstone. I would look at all the specs and compare against your magna build sheet to see how they compare.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #7

Thanks, I am trying to earn more about how the Cornerstone is constructed. I like the engine and it uses the same tranny as the cc. The cornerstone costs much less new it also weighs nearly 10,000 less. The question is what would I be giving up that I really care about.

My Magna must be very similar to yours. Mine also has the Cat 525. I drive it with my foo in it and get terrible mileage. What speed do you drive yours at and what mileage do you get?
Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 AM   #8

your magna is built with the highest quality and has the best equipment put into the pushers.- country coach across the board built the best coaches on the road - everything is the best- cabinets are real cherry wood- biggest motor- generator- carpet is high end-
the skin of the body is thick an the paint jobs are completely detailed with the highest gloss finish of course you know all this as you own one.

the downfall to the country coaches is there floor plans- 2 opposing couches ect.. the colors are sometimes quite bright and flowerish. and not to mention starting to push the years in oldness.

I assume the cornerstone is appealing for you because the new floor plan- bath in a half- mid mount tv- dark color theme- the mere size in height with the top rails is very impressive.
the equipment is beefy. the quality will not be half of the quality of country coach but it will be new with all the new benefits. still a very nice coach and would be a great choice compared to the current competitors in its class. they just don't build them like they used too period but the enetgras put out as good as coach you can buy brand new today currently.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I would also look at Foretravel to keep in the same quality range as your CC. We looked at the new Cornerstones and they are nice but reminded us of the Cardinal fifth wheel we traded for our Navigator. Lots of splash but not quite as much substance. Not trying to start coach wars here just giving my 2 cents worth. Randy
Old 01-07-2015, 09:01 AM   #10

We are glad you joined Us Good luch with your search
Thornhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #11

Thanks, I appreciate the feed back. the cummins ISX, the floor plan a bath and a half and the length to wheel base ratio are of interest to me. However, I would be concerned about giving up too much quality at least as it relates to durability. I can live with less bells and whistles but I want what is there to work. All RVs require substantial maintenance but the quality of the materials used make a big difference.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #12

Budd, you can check out the Entegra section and you will find Cornerstone owners of just about every year they were made. My suggestion would be to post there and see what your response will be.