Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 PM   #15
Tiffin Owners Club
hey, you own oneum dem expensive motohomes.....what did you expext...

Ret. Military/Corporate Pilot
Key West Snowbirds
The Short Bus - 450 HP
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 07:43 PM   #16
Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Flick View Post
I'd pay $600 in a heart-beat. There are no Rhino Liner dealers in Ohio that will color match. There are some Line X dealers. I talked to one on the phone that's about 1/2 hour from me. He will color match. I'm looking at getting just the front clip, headlights down finished which on my Dutch Star is two colors. He said bring it down for a estimate but we are probably looking at $3,000!!

Neat thing about Line-X too, they can vary the roughness. You can have it real fine grit (that's what I did), or a more coarse grit spray pattern. They can change the amount of grit they put in it also, ask them to show samples if they will. Take your factory paint numbers to them and they'll match exactly. Rhino and Line-X are the highest quality of the spay on lining. It'll stick to most anything too. I built some road cases (wood) and had Line-X sprayed on 'em.

Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:15 PM   #17
Forest River Owners Club

There has to be someone around your area that does spray-in bed liners.... Ck with them on price... Ztech will spray the entire front clip for a lot less than $3,000... They showed me a picture of a Holiday Rambler that they sprayed the entire front (except for the logo). Looked good but too much for me...
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #18
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
hey, you own oneum dem expensive motohomes.....what did you expext...

2003 Newmar Dutch Star
2005 Jeep Wrangler Willys Edition
Flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:16 PM   #19
Monaco Owners Club
Line X

I read all I could about getting the front end done with the Line X bed coatings to make sure it would work over the Diamond Shield. All indications indicated that it would be no problem.

Here is a before sprayed picture showing the original color scheme and then a picture showing the great job after it was sprayed.

Left this morning and when I returned (this is the second day since spraying) with temps in the mid 70's this is what it currently looks like.

The people running the line x facility told me they had not sprayed over this before and thought it might cause an issue but I told them what I had read on the forums and in talking with other people so they said they would go ahead.

We are just sick in looking at this and are wondering what the next step is we can do.

At this point I caution anyone looking at doing this unless the DS is removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before line x.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	318.4 KB
ID:	137564   Click image for larger version

Name:	line x first day.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	137565  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160830_130055.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	734.0 KB
ID:	137566  
Jim and Carol
2005 Monaco Windsor
2010 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
abrasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:15 PM   #20
Forest River Owners Club
Wow !!!! Makes me wonder what kind of prep they did before spraying it....

Almost looks like moister was present when they sprayed the liner on...

I think I'd insist that they re-do this and get it right this time... It definitely was a problem with the application...

Mine still looks great after 5 months and a 4K mile trip with lots of bugs... (Warm soapy water and a stiff brush removed 100% of them and left spray on like new).

Also - my spray-on WAS sprayed over the diamond shield type product with no issues....
Old 08-30-2016, 01:21 PM   #21
Forest River Owners Club
After a second closer look at your application, it looks like it might have been applied too hot... This resulting heat melted the adhesive used on the diamond shield and allowed it to draw up as the spray on dried which resulted in what looks like a bubble...