Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2018, 02:35 PM   #1

New gasser - is there a Ford warranty on chassis/drivetrain?

In general - is the a Ford backed warranty on the chassis/drivetrain on a new gasser? If so what is it?
TXsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #2

The link in post 12 in the thread below is the current Ford Chassis specs, which also includes info on the warranty on the last page of the document.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/f-53-...is-372561.html

A lot of good info on the Ford Chassis that you may find helpful as well.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
The link in post 12 in the thread below is the current Ford Chassis specs, which also includes info on the warranty on the last page of the document.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/f-53-...is-372561.html

A lot of good info on the Ford Chassis that you may find helpful as well.
Cool - just what I was looking for - thanks
Old 01-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #4

There's a Ford Warranty, just very few dealers who will work on motorhomes.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #5

As John said it can be difficult to find a dealer who can work on them. Most do not have a bay big enough to handle a RV or trained people to work on them. Your best bet is to find a Ford Truck Center if there is one near.
I ran across another way recently. Mine was under a recall for a transmission shift bracket replacement. It was an easy fix but neither of the local dealers would take it. To be honest they don't have the space. They are both small. I called the Ford Customer Service number. They transferred me to their motorhome division (who Knew). I explained to the lady that I needed the recall done but was not going to drive a hundred miles to a service center to get it. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back and gave me the name of a dealer about 30 miles away who would do it. I made an appointment, took it in and in about 45 minutes it was done. I asked the service manager if they did many RVs. He said no but when Ford called and they looked at the job they figured that they could do it without taking it into a bay. I guess that the morale of the story is to take advantage of the customer service at Ford. They did seem to be willing to help. Granted mine was a recall but the impression I got was they were willing to help for any problem. The dealers seem to be more willing to help when Ford calls them.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #6

I had the same story and result as fpresto in Michigan. 60 miles each way.
Dealer was equipped and professional - Brighton Ford.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #7

When I had an issue with my bounder under warranty I called the warranty phone number in the owner's manual. They set me up with Rush Ford Truck Center in Dallas, it was the nearest.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpresto View Post
As John said it can be difficult to find a dealer who can work on them. Most do not have a bay big enough to handle a RV or trained people to work on them. Your best bet is to find a Ford Truck Center if there is one near.
I ran across another way recently. Mine was under a recall for a transmission shift bracket replacement. It was an easy fix but neither of the local dealers would take it. To be honest they don't have the space. They are both small. I called the Ford Customer Service number. They transferred me to their motorhome division (who Knew). I explained to the lady that I needed the recall done but was not going to drive a hundred miles to a service center to get it. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes, came back and gave me the name of a dealer about 30 miles away who would do it. I made an appointment, took it in and in about 45 minutes it was done. I asked the service manager if they did many RVs. He said no but when Ford called and they looked at the job they figured that they could do it without taking it into a bay. I guess that the morale of the story is to take advantage of the customer service at Ford. They did seem to be willing to help. Granted mine was a recall but the impression I got was they were willing to help for any problem. The dealers seem to be more willing to help when Ford calls them.
That's great to know, I will keep that tidbit of info handy.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav L View Post
I had the same story and result as fpresto in Michigan. 60 miles each way.
Dealer was equipped and professional - Brighton Ford.
McDonald Ford in Freeland and Circle K heavy truck in Midland will work on F53's also, could be helpful on your way up north.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good info, I’m always learning something on the forum! Thanks!

Patrick
Bosunmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #11

anybody know if the Ford warranty's are transferable?
Old 01-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsurfer View Post
anybody know if the Ford warranty's are transferable?
It was in my case. I bought my Bounder from the original owner. He bought it new and never used it, it had 2,700 miles on it and still had a year on the warranty. On our first trip the rear end started growling. Rush Ford found there was only 1 gal of oil in the pumpkin, should have been 4.5 gal. They could not find any evidence of a leak. They assumed it was not filled at the factory. First thing I did when I bought it (not knowing any better) was to take it to a Fleetwood dealer and had engine, trans and generator serviced. When I was a kid and worked in a gas station when I changed the oil in a customers vehicle I CHECKED THE REAR END. Apparently this dealer did not even though it was checked off on the service sheet. Sorry for the rant. Rush Ford repaired it under warranty $1800, $0 cost to me.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #13

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsurfer View Post
In general - is the a Ford backed warranty on the chassis/drivetrain on a new gasser? If so what is it?
I have a 2016 Ford and i broke down in Del Rio Tx, call the warranty phone number and the Towed me to a Ford Truck center. Ford was great. You have 3 years or 36,000 miles on the warranty. A very good friend of mine blew his engine at 21,000 and they replaced his motor no out of pocket. I had three issues with mine and each time they got someone to help me. They also called me during the trip to follow up. I thought they were great.

Tags
chassis, ford, gas, warranty