Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #1

New guy with problem

Folks we purchased an really well maintained in excellent condition 1998 Monaco Dynasty 37 footer. It has all of the bells and whistles and when we purchased only 92,000 miles on it. Our problem is that we do not know how to turn on the electric or water to the Splendide Model WD802M combination and dryer. I downloaded the manual but cannot find the water faucets to turn the water on to the unit. Nor can I find the area where the power plug is plugged in. The circuit breaker is on and providing power but I am not sure if there is another switch somewhere or if the unit is plugged in or not. It does not seem to be getting power and water. Does anyone have such a unit and where did the company hide the fitting? The Unit is in the bottom of the closet area in front of the shower stall. I have been able to find everything else for the MH but for this washing machine dryer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Harry

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 03:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkB105 View Post
Folks we purchased an really well maintained in excellent condition 1998 Monaco Dynasty 37 footer. It has all of the bells and whistles and when we purchased only 92,000 miles on it. Our problem is that we do not know how to turn on the electric or water to the Splendide Model WD802M combination and dryer. I downloaded the manual but cannot find the water faucets to turn the water on to the unit. Nor can I find the area where the power plug is plugged in. The circuit breaker is on and providing power but I am not sure if there is another switch somewhere or if the unit is plugged in or not. It does not seem to be getting power and water. Does anyone have such a unit and where did the company hide the fitting? The Unit is in the bottom of the closet area in front of the shower stall. I have been able to find everything else for the MH but for this washing machine dryer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Harry

Start by opening hatches on the rear of the driver's side of the coach. Look around.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to iRV Harry and congrats on the Dynasty... great coach, not that I am biased or anything.

Curious about the power, if you are sure the breaker is on I don't believe there is another switch. You shouldn't need more than 15 or 20 amp to run the washer, so assuming you are plugged into basic shore power that should be sufficient. I've never attempted to slide my W/D out, but I'm wondering if it is just unplugged in the back.

Since it is not powering up how do you know that water is not getting to it? If you are sure water is off have you looked in one of your basement areas for a water manifold that allows you to turn off the different circuits? I'm not sure about the '98, on the '00 my manifold is in the same bay as the pawer pump and filters.

Sorry if I'm not providing anything that you didn't already know. Good luck... hopefully someone comes along soon with more recommendations.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
In one of the basement compartments, probably the one next to the grey & black water dump valves, there should be a Manabloc system. This allows you to isolate any of the water supply lines to each of the faucets or washer and dryer. There will be a key that you use to turn each hot/cold valve.

I believe that there may also be valves on the back side of the washer and dryer also, they should be reachable via a removable panel in the closet or other location depending on where the washer is located.

There should be a breaker in your panel for the washer and dryer. If you have an EMS (Electric Management System) that sheds the power when hooked to a 30 amp system, the breaker will be in that panel since this is one of the loads that it sheds. If the breaker is on it might also might be unplugged.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #5

Thanks for all of the replies. I have not checked the service bay area as we have over 105 degrees today in my part of Tucson and my grey matter boils when I get outside in the service bay. The Washer/dryer combo is located on the right side of the MH. The filters/water valves are on the left under the slide out. I did not check there yet. The washer/dryer is fixed solid into its area and would require a lot of work to remove. The only outside panel is for the vent and it is small, I removed but only the vent ducting was visible. I will take all of your suggestions and get out early in the morning to check. We are the second owner of this MH and the original owner had it special made for just two people. It is our retirement dream and we have already put 11,000 miles on it in a little over a year. Everything else seems to work fine on it and we have never had the need to use the washer/dryer before our last trip to the old route 66 area and used up a lot of the extra clothing we had on board. Thanks again for the information, I will check out. Harry
Old 08-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #6

Contact the previous owner?

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
firedoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #7

I'm about to become familiar with a W/D combo, so in case something similar occurs, how much do those units weigh if I want to remove it for R&M?
Old 08-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #8

Would do if I could, he only sold the MH to us because of his health and moved back east to his family. He was even older than I. It was a shame for him as he had just put over $10,000 in upgrades into the MH. Harry
Old 08-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #9

Found water valve

olks, I finally found the on/off valves/lines for my washer/dryer unit in my 98 Monaco Dynasty, they are hooked to the Manabloc Pluming Manifold in the service compartment, of course at the rear of the compartment. The problem I have now is getting to them but I wiggled into the bay today and could read where each line went to, to include the hot and cold water for the washer. I tried to turn the little plastic knobs but could not get them to move. I did not want to break anything so I quit. The 100 degree plus temperatures still at 1800 helped to make that decision. Question now is; is there a trick to turning those knobs? Do you have to pull out on them or push down on them? There seems to be a almost square piece sticking out of the middle of the knob that looks like a small socket would fit on. I would like to check and see if the water is on or off so I could turn it on and try out the washing machine. Does anyone know about those little knobs. There are red ones for the hot and blue ones for the cold water. They are all very well marked but the vehicle manual just shows a photograph of the Manabloc until noting how great it is but nothing on turning those knobs. Any information would be appreciated before I crawl in there tomorrow morning before it gets hot. Thanks Harry
Old 08-24-2015, 08:32 PM   #10

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
On our 97 bounder there is a power switch for either micro wave or washer,cannot run both together.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
New guy with problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
I'm about to become familiar with a W/D combo, so in case something similar occurs, how much do those units weigh if I want to remove it for R&M?

Bama,

They don't weigh much, and after I figured mine out, wouldn't be without it. Works great for small loads and extended trips. I HATE Laundromats and campground laundry facilities.

Really, really convenient .

Roll Tide! (Get it?). Lol
Old 08-24-2015, 09:26 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkB105 View Post
olks, I finally found the on/off valves/lines for my washer/dryer unit in my 98 Monaco Dynasty, they are hooked to the Manabloc Pluming Manifold in the service compartment, of course at the rear of the compartment. The problem I have now is getting to them but I wiggled into the bay today and could read where each line went to, to include the hot and cold water for the washer. I tried to turn the little plastic knobs but could not get them to move. I did not want to break anything so I quit. The 100 degree plus temperatures still at 1800 helped to make that decision. Question now is; is there a trick to turning those knobs? Do you have to pull out on them or push down on them? There seems to be a almost square piece sticking out of the middle of the knob that looks like a small socket would fit on. I would like to check and see if the water is on or off so I could turn it on and try out the washing machine. Does anyone know about those little knobs. There are red ones for the hot and blue ones for the cold water. They are all very well marked but the vehicle manual just shows a photograph of the Manabloc until noting how great it is but nothing on turning those knobs. Any information would be appreciated before I crawl in there tomorrow morning before it gets hot. Thanks Harry
Harry, depending on the age of your Viega Manabloc, do you see a small red wrench hanging anywhere inside that compartment? It will look something like the attached image. Look around the compartment for it or if the previous owner had a drawer where he kept all his miscellaneous doodads. If you don't have one, you can usually purchase one at a plumbing supply store that sells Viega products for $1-3. It's called a "valve T-handle."

Also, take a look at the opposite side of the wall in which the Splendide is located to see if there is an access hatch that may have additional/separate valves for the washer. If your washer/dryer is backed up against an exterior wall, you might have an access door on the exterior. I don't know how Monaco coaches are set up but on my motorhomes that were plumbed for a washer/dryer, there was an access panel that gave access to the valves and/or electrical plug. My hunch is that there are water valves which are located closer to the washer/dryer ...in fact, I think there has to be or would be my guess anyway.