Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2015, 12:25 PM   #1

New here with problem on windows

Hi all,
We're new here and I'm not sure if this is the right place for my question, but we'll give this a try.

We have a Tiffin. We've had nothing but problems with the windows leaking and condensating. The windows have been change out at least 3 times by Tiffin. We finally just gave up and now we have 3 windows that are again filled with condensation. Has anyone ever repaired this problem themselves and if yes, can you give us any hints that might help us resolve this problem for once and for all. I'm so tired of looking through the foggy glass, but thankful that the windshield is at least CLEAR.

We'd appreciate any help we can get. We're stationary now, but will be back on the road in a couple of weeks, hopefully!
Dianne
diknitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2015, 12:44 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I haven't had this problem with my Phaeton and I don't know of any other Tiffins that have had it....so I really can't advise you one way or another on this subject.

However, I can advise you to go over to the Tiffin Network forum and post your question there. That forum is exclusively Tiffin owners and they are very knowledgeable with all problems associated with them.

Hope this helps

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

diknitts, welcome to the neighborhood!
I concur with the comment of posting your question in the Tiffin Forum.
You will get of boatload of comments ...
sikorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I heard that Tiffin has a new method of sealing their dual pane windows so you might want to contact them again if you haven't lately. (I have the Allegro Open Road with single pane windows so I haven't had the problem.)

A lot of the problems with fogged dual pane windows is caused by people using pressure washers when washing their coaches and breaking the seals. Commercial washing places like Blue Beacon are bad about it unless you tell them not to.

There has been a lot of discussion about the windows on the Tiffin RV Network.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:52 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
diknitts

I repaired 3 of my windows that had fogged. I did this about 6 months ago so its hard to say if they will last but in all I spent ~$50 to do the 3, I have enough material left to do ~3 more.

Do some research on IRV2, look for posts that deal with Fogged Window Repair or variations. Also, there are a couple of good Youtube videos that show what to do.

I bought my material from DK Hardware, they had the best prices but shop around. You can buy from Amazon also once you find the info.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:57 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure if this is what your looking for, but I just ran across an advertisement video, I'm sorry I don't remember which site I was on, I believe it was like Family Motor Coach or something like it, but it had to do with an RV Ralley. They showed different companies that repair the dual pane windows, Guardian RV glass, Custom Glass solutions, RV glass parts.com and RV glass experts. I was interested in the RV glass experts as their window panes are laminated together rather than the normal way. Their phone# is 888-777-6778. I want to do some more exploring with them as we have 2 windows that have moisture in them and I would like to get them repaired or replaced with something that is guaranteed not to do it again - as they stated on the video.
Diane98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #7

Thanks to all

It's so good to return to a thread and find constructive advice. I've got ideas now, a recommendation for YouTube, phone numbers and company names. Y'all have been really helpful.

Happy Trails to all,
Dianne & Gerry
diknitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sun Coast Designers in Hudson, Florida can repair your existing windows. The other option would be to have a glass shop replace the glass with single pane. 3/8" tempered glass if they are framed windows. Then you will never have to deal with the problem again
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window