Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2016, 09:12 PM   #1

New Member Bed question! =)

Hi Everyone, New RV'er here and I had a question about beds. My wife and I bought a 2016 Coachman Mirada and we love everything about it but the bed. It's a short Queen but we can feel those springs! We bought a mattress topper and that helped but still not to comfortable. Any suggestions?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2016, 09:25 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My last coach had a sleep number and we loved it but I kept forgetting to reduce the air when we went up in altitude and it would always expand to the point that I thought it would burst. It just never did. this coach has a 10" premium foam mattress and I must admit its just as comfortable and about 1/2 the price so we'll stay with this one Both can be had in a short queen.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

We hated ours as well in our '14 Four Winds and after reading some posts we ordered the Serenia 8 " memory foam short queen on Amazon for about $300. It was amazing--we both slept until about 9:00 every morning when we normally don't sleep past 6:30 because of back pain.Just bought a new Challenger with a king Denver mattress and don't like it at all. Will be ordering the Serenia king and will cut it down a bit for size since it's nearly impossible to find a shorter king. We sold our original queen mattress for $200 so the short queen only cost us $100. It was our first memory foam and we were a bit hesitant, but after sleeping on that Serenia, we went and bought a memory foam for home. Read the reviews.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Not to be flip, but invest in a good memory foam or Sleep Number type air mattress. This is the first modification we make when we buy a coach. Humans spend a third of their lives sleeping. Good luck.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roblaura View Post
Not to be flip, but invest in a good memory foam or Sleep Number type air mattress. This is the first modification we make when we buy a coach. Humans spend a third of their lives sleeping. Good luck.
Ditto!
Old 06-04-2016, 12:00 AM   #6

Mattress

Our 2002 Winnebago had the factory mattress still in it when we purchased it in 2014. 1st night sleeping on it killed me. I got dam lucky. Went on Craigslist and found a Appliance dealer getting out of the bedding business because they were moving to a high traffic area but smaller building. Purchased a 10" Serta I-Comfort memory foam mattress. Hated it the 1st night but have loved it ever since. 2,400.00 dollars at Sears and 2,200 most other outlets. I stole it for 650.00 bucks. There are deals out there and the mark up on mattresses is insane. Happy Travels. Rick
Old 06-04-2016, 11:46 AM   #7

Yep, mark up must be huge. Every day some store starts selling mattresses. I expect to see the local grocery stores to start selling them any day now.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
We had a 10 inch memory foam Avena mattress in a TT that we owned previously It was wonderful and we slept well on it. Our present Motor Home has a sleep number which is nice because My DW has a very bad back. We can adjust each side of the bed for what ever is best for each of us. I liked the Avena memory foam mattress better myself and so did the DW.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
When we bought our used motor home, the mattress was original and had 32,000 miles of someone else's bodily fluids. It was the first thing to go. Bought a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid. Not cheap, but amazing ability to sleep like a log on it, and we got the mattress protector so it'll stay fresh for years.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #10

We have 16 Challenger with the king Denver Mattress which needed help. Got a 2" gel memory topper from Target and then added a 5" down topper from Bed Bath and Beyond. Now we feel like we are sleeping at The Ritz! Btw we didn't need to cut it down for the short king as toppers usually are shorter.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #11

We just swapped to a Denver Mattress RV King (narrower, not shorter) Euro Top foam mattress and love it. Lippert has cut a deal with Denver Mattress for the RV market.
https://store.lci1.com/rv-supreme-eu...tress-11-p1615
jrusselltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
When we bought our used motor home, the mattress was original and had 32,000 miles of someone else's bodily fluids. It was the first thing to go. Bought a queen-sized Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid. Not cheap, but amazing ability to sleep like a log on it, and we got the mattress protector so it'll stay fresh for years.
Yep that was the first purchase we when got our new to us Allegro. After googling short queens bought a highly rated one and it arrived just a few days after that all rolled up and squashed. Unrolled it and let it breathe for a couple days. Fantastic mattress!
McKinney, TX
McKTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Unless you RARELY use your RV, why not buy a quality mattress so that you sleep as well while camping as you do at home.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Hang on to the topper and get a sleep number. Less weight, more sleep.

jim

Tags