Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #1

Smile new member / country coach

morning all, we are upgrading to class a motor home from a 5th wheel.
purchase out of storage a v/nice 2002 country coach= wife wants to update the following: a) remove all mirror strips: a) best way & what's the material under....wood, fiber board or other. may go to tile.
b) replace a never used 2 burner stove with 3 burner & oven.....who supplies a quality unit and best fit.
c) replace forward carpet area between tile entrance and kitchen. i think the floor is 1/2 plywood and will try to match tile or go with a nice wood plank?
d) co-pilot seat does not swivel....best way to correct....base or other.

this new member hopes you have good proven suggestions.
Tks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Watch the weight of adding tile, wood flooring may not handle the climates in a motor home well.

Besides that, welcome to IRV2!

Old 01-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
a) remove all mirror strips: a) best way & what's the material under....wood, fiber board or other. may go to tile.
The mirrors are stuck on with mastic. A common adhesive used in the installation of mirrors. You can use a wide putty knife to remove them. What you will find under the mirrors is the same wallboard as the board in the rest of the coach.

b) replace a never used 2 burner stove with 3 burner & oven.....who supplies a quality unit and best fit.
Don't know why you would want an oven. The convection microwave installed in that coach works great. We bake in it all the time. You would also be loosing a lot of storage space below the cook top. But it can be done.

c) replace forward carpet area between tile entrance and kitchen. i think the floor is 1/2 plywood and will try to match tile or go with a nice wood plank?
The flooring under the carpet is marine grade plywood. It can be treated just like residential flooring. Lots of owners have installed tile or wood flooring after removing the carpet. We haven't done it yet. Matching the tile might be hard to do. I don't remember if the plywood is 3/4" or 1". I do know it is not 1/2" as in cheaper coaches. There is no problem installing either tile or wood.

The copilot seat does swivel. If it doesn't move while holding the latch, then something is broken under the chair.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #4

Welcome and congrats on your coach...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunson1940 View Post
purchase out of storage a v/nice 2002 country coach= wife wants to update the following: a) remove all mirror strips: a) best way & what's the material under....wood, fiber board or other. may go to tile.

Tks
Congratulations on your new coach. Let us know if we can be of any assistance. www.countrycoach.com 541-234-2167
Old 01-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #6

Welcome and congrats on your new coach!
40GnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #7

I can relate to the DW wanting a oven. We had decided to buy the coach we have now (2005 Sportscoach Elite 40') until DW realized there was no oven just the microwave/convection and a stove top. She said "No oven-No deal (-: They threw in a new Magic Chef 3 burner stove top stove with oven. I installed it. It was simple to do. The shelf below the cook top came out and the related framing was pre-made to come right out to accomodate a stove with a oven. It didn't require any major wood butchering. The propane line didn't need any alteration. If DW wants a oven give her one.

Jim
Old 01-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunson1940 View Post

Tks
Howdy and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the upgrade!

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #9

Thanks for the response, welcome, input and suggestions. Your comments makes me feel right at home.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #10

Our friends bought a 42ft Intrigue without an oven. She just had to have one so they got rid of some storage space and installed the cooktop/oven combo.

After learning how to use the microwave/convection oven, they now use the oven as a bread box.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was really close to installing an oven. After a few times using the convection oven my wife decided that it wasn't that important since we had no intentions of cooking a Turkey or Ham
Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Our first motorhome had an oven, and we did used it.

Our second did not. DW thought we would miss it, but so far we are ok. I put some nice slideout wire shelves where the oven woulda been, they are way food and way cool, and bhelp the DW... if I put in a stove w/oven she will lose them... and so far she has not chosen to do that.

The convection microwave is basically an ellectric oven and a microwave in the same container. We bought baking pans and cookie sheets that would fit, and it's all been good.

We do a lot of our cooking outside, between 2 gas griiles and the open fire, we do alright.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #13

We have a 2002 CC Intrigue 36' Evening Star package. I can understand the 3 burn stove but we seem to do fine with just 2. I would suggest attending a major RV rally and take a cooking class from Janet Sadlack (?) she is a wiz at cooking with the convection microwave. We replaced the passenger seat because it did not have a head rest, was large enough for two people and the DW was complaining the whole time till I did. Let us know what you do about the carpet. I have found it a pain to keep clean. I'd rather put down some hard easy to clean surface and throw rugs
Old 01-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #14

Oh ya some other things you might want to look at before you do all the interior work. I had to fix and or replace the following in 2011 Tires x 6 $4K (they were original equipment), radiator x1 $4.2k, Starter rebuilt I did the labor $400, Batteries x 3 $1.77k (2 house AGM 1 chassis flood) annual service $400, replace inverter and other misc annual maintenance items (furnace, refer, funny smells)$2.7k , Fuel $5.4 K, Fuel Toad @1.2k, 1000 hr generator service $600.
Happy travels. By the way we love our MH and I just figure it's the cost of doing biz but it helps to know what some of the cost may be.