Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetreaper View Post
Yea definitely need a residential king because I'm 6'1 and my wife is 5'10 so we are long. Thank you everyone for your recommendations. What do you think of MHSRV? I like the Thor Challenger 37TB and the Forest River Georgetown 364. But I didn't know about the chassis weight. Thank you for that. We are a family of 4 and we are all tall except my 2 1/2 year old but even she's big. So do need the space. Thank you again
Be very careful before choosing the Thor Challenger and check out the IRV2 Thor Challenger Owners blog. Lots of discussion regarding slide "cables" breaking and being stranded. I was sold on the Challenger before I looked at the Winnie 37F or 38Q Adventurer. Much heavier chassis and NO CABLES for slides. There is a sacrifice in basement storage in the Winnie, but just how much stuff do you really need. I have completely given up on buying the Challenger.
bwaddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2016, 06:34 PM   #30

Gas Class A

Can't go wrong with Tiffin. We are as happy today as the day we bought our 2013 36LA. Keep looking at the shows and yet to see one we would rather have.
Rather than bunks could consider the drop down bed above the cockpit.
Ps as we are roughing it have to live with queen bed rather than king lol
Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM   #31

Ford Super Duty Owner
Gotta say - be careful with any motorhome you buy. Issues with virtually any make and model - especially with a new unit - heck it is a house running down the road nearly 70 MPH.

I gave you a very honest review of our experience with our Challenger 37TB after nearly 15000 miles. Have we had issues - yep. Have they been fixed - yep.

The ONLY reason for us not to consider the 37TB, would be wanting a bit more if the front living room.

We use our motorhome about 7 months out of 12. Would not want to give up any of the basement storage or the washer/dryer. The bunks are great when the younger kids are with us and great interior storage that closes up and out of the way when we are alone.

Again, just our input but make sure you get what you want and need at a price point you can afford.

PS: without regard to which type you buy make sure you have a service support plan from a reputable service department. We were able to buy our coach at a great price. The sales team were okay (typical - not near as informed as you should be doing your research). However the service team and Thor warranty team have been great. So if you plan on going to MHSRV for service great but if you are a distance from the MHSRV facility look hard. One thing I will guarantee you (without regard to make) - you will need service.

bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:23 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Yep - looked at the Georgetown 364 at the same time as the Challenger 37TB. It was a short look. The longer wheel base and cargo storage made it no contest. The bunks in the 37TB can be used as a sofa or closet or bunks. The real kicker for us - CANNOT get in contact with Forest River warranty. And based on personal observations/research, you will need to contact them.
It is important to remember that every company is only as good as their last product.

I took delivery of my 2016 Georgetown 364TSF (F is for full body paint) last Friday. I looked at a bunch of coaches and feel like I got way more for my money. The 2 FULL baths were a big deal for us due to the 3 girls in my life.

The big surprise is how well it drove. I drove 2 hours to get home on the interstate in strong winds with trucks passing me at high speed. I never felt the trucks. I did get pushed by the wind but always felt in full control. Ride was comfortable, even on the horrendous roads we were on.

Whatever you decide, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE you get a 2016 Ford F53 chassis. The transmission and handling (at least on my unit) is excellent. Also be aware that a 2016 coach does not mean a 2016 chassis. Check the vin or confirm the 6 speed.

I have heard they are going for 101K loaded, except paint, in the US. Do yourself a favour, take another look, especially with different color schemes. It makes all the difference. If they don't have many to look at, you can look at the 351DS because the front is identical.

Feel free to PM me if you need more info.
Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #33

Bigben,

The Thor has a much nicer basement and seems to have slightly better finishes. I am impressed with the front dash layout but I don not like the fact that the TV can't be used when the slide is in. I also prefer the washer/dryer hookup in the rear bathroom so I have more space up front.

The kicker is that after all discounts it's 30K more so a young family might do well with the 364TS.
Skripo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #34

What's your OCCC on the 37TB?
lucky7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a, gas, new member