Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #29
The thing that struck me about this coach was the chassis. Defintely NOT your typical RV chassis. I had made the comment elsewhere that it looked like Peterbilt built the chassis. My buddy and I crawled under it and everything is massive. The frame (rust free), the suspension, it has air bags and some kind of lift mechanism for the tag axle that was added by the 2nd owner at a cost of $4,000. Massive F series tires on the front, they look like they came off a cement mixer (these are date code 2010 and have no discernable defects) Rear tires while needing to be replaced(old date codes) are 8Rx19.5D They are the size of a semi-tractor. Anyway, I'd seen comments about this chassis maker or that and I was just curious what were the differences from one to the next. This coach certainly does not look like a standard GM 33 ft drop ship RV chassis.
As to the 2nd owner, I think one of two things. Either he had a bit of OCD and instantly replaced anything that perhaps only needed a bit of TLC or tinkering. OR, the RV shop in San Diego that cared for this vehicle was exceptionally pro-active in spending his money. I don't know enough to comment on that so I'll leave it be.
OK, why isn't it sitting in my yard right now ? My wife and I are selling our home. The next four years look like three moves before we settle in one spot. Hence the RV. I don't like moving at all, let alone three time in four years. I have an agreement with the seller. If he gets a better offer before I write him the check he'll call me. He and I seemed to hit it off right away and he has not had any other serious offers - - mostly due to the age he feels. He said I was the 1st one that asked for the maintenance records and spent the time to research the vehicle. Anyway, I am not a person who buys things I don't need and with summer property in Maine and a home in San Diego, I would not need an RV. The house should sell soon and then I'll buy this wonderful old Vogue. I certainly appreciate everyone's comments and the friendly nature of the site here.

VogueLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #30
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey there VogueLover,

I just saw this thread, read it with interest, as I'm a Vogue owner myself. I have to say in reply to you mentioning that you hope you don't have to spend any more dollars on this Vogue (due to the monies that have already been spent on it by previous owners), I feel that's completely incorrect; owning ANY rv (new, used, or vintage) requires continuous efforts, either money being thrown at it or DIY projects, just as a matter of keeping it up.

That being said, Vogues, in my opinion, are one of the best rigs built, from their styling to their build quality; second to none!

Buy it and enjoy it, take care of it!

bryguymi is offline   Reply With Quote

advice, new member