Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #1

Question New Newmar owner looking for tire inflation

I've been looking for the inflation spec for MICHELIN XZA1 275/70R22.5 LOAD RANGE “H” . Does anyone know were to find this information. I;ve been on the Michelin site but have come up empty. GAWR FRONT 12000, GAWR BACK 17000.
rally tally is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #2

I did a google search using "inflation table for MICHELIN XZA1 tire", and got several inflation tables, but nothing in your size for xza1.

Fred
Old 01-27-2011, 08:51 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi rally tally,
Welcome to iRV2. I have the same size tires as you. I did not know Michelin made a load range "H" in this size. My tires area load range "L". Go to:
Michelin North America RV Load & Inflation Tables to see the Michelin table for this size tire, but different load rating. You'll need to scroll down the page to find the right size.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
GaryKD is 100% correct. Also you should wiegh your coach in a loaded manner as it would be when traveling. Fuel, fresh water, and all else, once you do this the inflation guide will give you proper pressures. Don't just run max pressure unless you enjoy a harsh ride and accelerated wear in the center of the tire.
Parkerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #5

After you get the recommended pressure and if you want even more exact results, use the chalk line trick.

Method. . . . Draw a line across your tires when they are at operating temperature. Now drive down the road five or ten miles or so, stop and check the chalk lines you drew.

If there is still chalk on the edges of the tire, you are overinflated.

If there is still chalk just on the center portion of the tire, you are under inflated.

If the chalk is all gone CONGRATULATIONS, your tire pressure is just right.

Actually, I draw three lines per tire, one on top, and one on both front and rear. This assures ease of sight of at least one of the lines when stopped to check the lines.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote