Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincee View Post
So the thread about "will we RV less because of gas prices" has gotten at this writing 14 pages of reply's. My question is: HOW MANY PEOPLE/FAMILIES HAVE PUT OFF BUYING THAT NEW OR NEWER RV (MOTOR HOME IN PARTICULAR) BECAUSE OF GAS PRICES?

My DW and I have been shopping to upgrade our 2000 Allegro since the beginning of the year. First we were looking used, 2006 or newer, class A with low miles etc. Well after visiting most dealers around the Western New York area of New York State and seeing that dealers are asking around 70% of original list price for 5 to 7 year old motor homes, we now are turning our attention to brand new, especially in the Georgetown line which seems to discount alot right off of the msrp. Gas Prices have not changed our thinking whether we should make the change or not. Just the usual buyers remorse thing (before we even have made a decision) as we go about looking and looking and looking.......
Hi Vincee, What is wrong with a 200 Allegro?? We have a 99 Alpine. We live in it parked in South Texas in the winter, travel some in the summer, usually total 10,000 miles per year. If you have problems, its probably cheaper to repair them than to trade Rv's. Fuel cost; As a retired cross country trucker, I always figure my variable cost on a per mile basis. Example; if gas goes up 50 cents per gallon, it costs about 7 cents more per mile to travel. At todays prices of $4.00 per gallon at 7.5 mpg, cost is 50 cents per mile. I have a diesel pusher, I just automatically figure it costs 50 cents, and thats a quick easy figure to use when estimating costs. Much more accurate than these people that ask you "whatsit cost to fillerup". For me and my Rv we are not upgrading, and not going to quit traveling simply because of gas prices. good wishes, Old Trucker
Old Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Smitty.
I used that same spreadsheet concept. We are coming from a 5th wheel and with no mh experience we needed something. The wants list and rating was simple. Gathering the data from every mh you see or read about was time consuming. And we're still adding it to it.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #31

Great Posts, and in regards to the suggestions on the Dear Wife, all I can say is Amen!
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase