RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
New Project

I'm going to attack a new project when the rain stops and weather clears a bit.

I have noticed since I have had the coach that the Stripping on the rear bed slide is about 1/4" lower where it connects with the stripe on the rear cap. So yesterday I got out my trusty Tape measure and started checking the distance between the bottom of the slide and the straight line molding about 3" below it.

BINGO....the 14' slide progressively drops from front to rear and at rear is a bit more than 1/4" lower.

The slide works fine, No binding or sticking, moves smoothly in and out. Seals very good sides top and bottom.
Maybe not a big problem but I can't live with that!!!

I will run the slide out when rain stops and look under there for some type of adjustment. Don't know yet what I'm looking for but I'm sure I will know it when I see it. LOL

Has anyone on here had any experience with adjusting a Slide out??
Is there anything I should be aware of when doing it??
Is there a Procedure??

Thanks for any input !!

Danny

1Motorhome is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
UPDATE

Well the rain stopped and I opened up my Slide out....SURPRISE !!!!
The bottom of the slide is sealed by a solid sheet of metal !! I can't see any of the gears or adjustments. I don't see how I will be able to lube the assembly as I was planning this spring as it looks nothing like I have seen on the You Tube videos.
This project may be above my Pay grade and will need to go to a shop that understands how this works. I just hate to Pay someone to do something I could probably do myself. My retired labor rate is much lower than standard shop rates.
BUT if any of you are familiar with what I'm looking at and can lead me in the right direction I will certainly give it a shot.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Did you look under the slide at the outer edge. Typically, there are vertical bolts that raise and lower slide on the arm. You release the locking nuts, and make small adjustments, checking the alignment.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Did you look under the slide at the outer edge. Typically, there are vertical bolts that raise and lower slide on the arm. You release the locking nuts, and make small adjustments, checking the alignment.
Don, I did look for anything that could be adjusted but there is nothing. The entire bottom of the slide is a solid sheet of sheet metal. You can see non of the slide drive mechanism. And No adjustment screws at all.

The only thing I can reason is the motor, and drive is under the Bed or floor, It has started raining again and I don't want to put the slide out and get the awning wet before closing it back up. I did lift the bed up but could only see the floor. The mechanism must be under the floor somewhere.