Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
New Purchase

OK, I think I have it narrowed dow to these 3 coaches.

Newmar Ventana 3724, Fleetwood Discovery XLE 40X or Thor Venetian 36G

The Fleetwood and Thor come with the 380hp ISL engine, Newmar is the ISB 360
I like the layout and features of the Discovery and the Thor. They also have newer technoligy. But Newmar has the better rep. and compfort drive. The pricing are all within 10k with features I want.
Anyone have knowledge or experience with these? I plan to tow a Grand JC Summit with this.
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #2

Do you have all the info on all the coaches ?

eg. CCC ? transmission series ? ( not all Allisons are created equal) Tow Weight Rating ? Have you weighed your toad ?
Does the Newmar offer the ISL as an option ?
Old 03-08-2017, 09:04 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Do you have all the info on all the coaches ?

eg. CCC ? transmission series ? ( not all Allisons are created equal) Tow Weight Rating ? Have you weighed your toad ?
Does the Newmar offer the ISL as an option ?
all same tranny, all 10k towing.
toneil7163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:32 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Have you road tested them? Once you drive a coach with Comfort Drive it will sway you.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #5

All of those coaches are fantastic. The one big part of the equation that you will hear over and over again on here is to find a floor plan you like. The Fleetwood and Newmar you like have very different floor plans with the Newmar having the living area up in the front, and the Fleetwood having it in the middle. I imagine there are pros and cons to both layouts, but my preference would be to have the living area in the front. I have an older Fleetwood gasser with that layout, and when we someday upgrade we definitely want the same general layout of the living space in front because of having the big front windows to make it feel more open in the daytime. The Newmar you're looking at would be my choice hands down. Front living area, the reputation of Newmar quality, and how well it will handle with comfort drive are all strong selling points IMHO.
Sunny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil7163 View Post
OK, I think I have it narrowed dow to these 3 coaches.

Newmar Ventana 3724, Fleetwood Discovery XLE 40X or Thor Venetian 36G

The Fleetwood and Thor come with the 380hp ISL engine, Newmar is the ISB 360
I like the layout and features of the Discovery and the Thor. They also have newer technoligy. But Newmar has the better rep. and compfort drive. The pricing are all within 10k with features I want.
Anyone have knowledge or experience with these? I plan to tow a Grand JC Summit with this.
We have had 6 motorhomes...2 were Newmars...then a switch to American..AKA Fleetwood......our first and last....we are heading back to Newmar
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
The problem I see with the front kitchen is that you lose the driver/pass seats as guest seats.

Other than that, just from repetitional aspects, I would go with the Newmar. Love that comfort drive.

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase