Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #1

@ new Questions

Hi ,The bake lite fell apart on the inside of my Micro Wave dr in my MH,Can i replace the MW ,with an ordinary MW,or is there a special one for RV,s.Question 2. i have an Atwood hot water tank,i beleive it is aluminum do i need the anode rod ,
Thanks In Advance for any help
Mr Plymouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Any microwave that fits the space can do the job. Atwood water heaters don't need anodes because of the tank material. Suburban WH are steel, they do need anodes.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #3

It doesn't matter what the tank is it needs the anode, aluminum will get eaten up just as fast as steel. Guess you have never owned a boat. I'm sure others will jump in here.
jergeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My 1999 motorhome is 16 years old with the original Atwood WH and no anode. My 1994 5th wheel trailer is 21 years old with the original Atwood WH and no anode.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:19 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
It doesn't matter what the tank is it needs the anode, aluminum will get eaten up just as fast as steel. Guess you have never owned a boat. I'm sure others will jump in here.
Two trailers and three motor homes, all Atwoods, no rods, no leaks or break downs other than a bad check valve. Ages vary from 1988 to 2004.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:55 AM   #6

Any microwave that fits the space but make sure it's SECURED in some way so it doesn't crash to the floor bumping and vibrating as you go down the road.

Make sure you don't block it's vents.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:02 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jergeod View Post
I started boating on the Chesapeake at age 4. I owned my own boat at age 12. I paid for gas by splicing mooring lines and replacing anodes in the water under yachts of all sizes in the Northeast, Elk, and Sassafras Rivers. I am very aware of what anodes do. I am also aware that Atwood doesn't recommend anodes on their RV water heaters.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote