Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
New RV...What are the Must Have Items for it???

Hey All,

It looks like we are almost ready to take delivery of our first DP, a 2005 Revolution LE and although we have been RVing for years (in smaller gas rigs)..what are some of your "Must Have Items"? We have always kept the "stuff" we travel with pretty sparse because of the lack of storage and the low Carrying Capacity, but now I feel like a kid in a candy store... I need your help to help fill the new coach up...LOL!!!

Some things I have thought about...

New Outdoor Recliners
Surge Protector (should have had this already...)
Keurig Coffee Machine
New Gas Grill
Some new kitchen gadgets

Tell me your favorite things to have in your coach...

Faith in Chilly Massachusetts
fansill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2011, 01:25 PM   #2

Hey, from down here in Conn. Harbor Freight, 8gallon Air compressor, walmart, 1 gallon wet vac,fuel filters,1 gallon diesel fuel, auto fire co2 ext.system engine, refrig., hot water heater generator ,area .I'm doing mind this spring. found some nice units on line ....Tom
TomTheOilMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the new rig! I've always really like the Revolution.

I'll throw out a couple of ideas and then let others chime in.

Tools: give it some thought and make up a good tool box with things like duct tape, rescue tape, mechanics wire, and an assortment of commonly used tools.

If you'll travel when it's "chilly":

Electric blanket: we love ours.
Small portable electric heater: can take the chill off at night without running the loud furnace or heat pump.

Outside garbage can: CW sells collapable 30 gallon cans which can save you a lot of trips to the dumpster.

Surge protector: you bet... asap.

Tire pressure monitoring system: You'll find differing opinions on this one but I don't like to move my rig without being able to monitor the pressure in all 10 tires right from the driver's seat. it also alerts you if a tire begins to lose air while underway.

Patio mat: we use a 9x20' mat and it's great at helping to keep the dirt outside.

Windshield covers: Our side windows have a one way tint on them but the windshield is open to view and allows a great deal of heat to enter the coach when it's warm. Screens will give you privacy in the daylight and keep a lot of heat out.

Good luck!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Smile

i agree with all of the suggestions above but have one to add. My wife and I bought a separate ice maker and now we use it all of the time , even when we are at our house we take it in and use it. We use 1 gallon drinking water from wall-mart so the ice is always the same.
BrianWedlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I agree with Ricko......also get extension cords. You can never have enough extension cords.....also a couple of fleece blankets. If the coach is 50amp get a 50 to 30 amp adapter. For when you go to a park that has only 30amp service. If it's 30amp get a 30 to 50 adapter. Also a good Tire Pressure Gauge,(not a plastic one a metal truck tire gauge) and if you are mechanically inclined, a set of GOOD TOOLS of assorted Automotive Tools from Snap-on or Sears, etc. etc.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Also get a good camp coffee pot.....like one of thesewww.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=805D712T&categoryid=5180&bra nd=
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #7

:O i can't believe it.. Noone mentioned Toilet paper. easiest to forget
DevonJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you didn't do it before, have a complete set of personal items you won't have to carry in & out of the stick house.

Dave
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
everything posted above
plus cash and credit cards
brianj
Old 02-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Tools, tools, and maybe some tools! Bring your toys, golf, bowling, fishing, whatever you like. Bikes, hiking gear, etc. I would suggest that you leave as many of your clothes, dishes, dry goods etc in the MH all the time. Saves a lot of packing and repacking everytime you decide to go and allows you to go at the drop af your hat. Leave one of them in there as well. You know what the sun does to a bald head!
Having a small assortment of screws, poprivets, wire ties, electrical wire and connecters. extra hoses and rubber washers for them as well. You get the picture, an emergency kit that will allow you to do the small repairs that you do not want to hire done. Keep what you need to wash the toad and MH, like a bucket and scrub brush, soap and tire cleaner. You may get bored and decide you have time to wax, so keep that in there. Carry engine oil and hyd fluid. A set of road flares in case you break down! A set of jumper cables. A ladder long enough to reach the top or your slides and a long handle for that brush so you can clean off the debri before retracting them. A battery charger and extension cords.

I'm getting tired of my one finger typing!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #11

At least 1 (2 are better) entry door keys stowed in toad and/or somewhere outside the MH. Same for any other vehicle (toad, motorcycle, scooter).
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
If I missed this by just scanning the replies I'm sorry but, if you are going to have a diesel always carry a spare set of fuel filters.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #13

Vodka, Rum, Scotch, Whiskey, Beer, Cigars.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #14

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
50 gallon salt water aquarium would look real nice!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote