Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
I like my Rhinoflex and just let gravity do it's job, unattended. Leave your grey water valve open and dump your black tank just before it fills up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkydog
... When at full hook ups I'm able to leave grey open all the time and dump black every 3 -4 days.
To each his own, but I was taught to leave both valves closed until it's time to dump. Then dump black first followed by dumping the grey tank to flush the line.

By the way, I have several lengths (5'-15') of Rhinoflex and Viper hoses with compatible bayonet connections. This gives me a great deal of flexibility to reach a sewer as close as two feet to as far as 40 feet away. I have a clear 45 deg connector at the outlet so I can monitor progress, and I always use the built in sani-flush hose connection to finish the job.

I have a little over 20' of home-made hose ramp in 4' sections to reduce the kinks and help flow.

I'm not a "seasoned vet" just yet with only a little over a year of RVing under by belt, but it has worked for me so far.
NukeRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
If I'm long term, I leave the gray water open. We both like hot long showers, the dish drawer, washer/dryer. 2-3days before we are to leave I collect a full gray tank for flushing. I believe I could do the same with black, since I have macerator toilets. I don't because it goes against the grain and what I was taught. Why tempt fate?
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
X2 Ole.....I've never been in any park (state parks included) where the sewer drain is higher than drain on the coach? I'm like the K.I.S.S. method. Just remember.....drain black first then grey!!
Know If Something Stinks.....method

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I have had the Polychute System (same hose as the DrainMaster) for a few years now. It's expensive but it's really tuff and is easy to keep clean.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Rhino Flex here, had to replace one section a few months ago and looked at different options available and just went and replaced the one section that had developed a leak with Rhino again.
We keep the black closed and since we dump once a week I just close the grey a few days before and then when its time to dump do the black and then the grey.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am another Polychute user and swear by it. It won't crush, corrode or leak. Any hose with wire reinforcement will be a problem at some point- the Polychute does not have any. Also the dump valve at the outlet end comes in handy from time to time. This system is well worth the money.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #21

I buy the cheap brown hose. About 20 bucks. Just screw on my antique Camco ends. They last 6 years or so. Store them in a laundry bag in their own private little bay.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I buy the cheap brown hose. About 20 bucks. Just screw on my antique Camco ends. They last 6 years or so. Store them in a laundry bag in their own private little bay.
That's what I like to hear, old school works fine. People forget how it was to camp 30 years ago.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Right now I'm still using the cheap blue hose that came with the rig in 2006. Still works, haven't dumped anything on my toes yet.

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post

Right now I'm still using the cheap blue hose that came with the rig in 2006. Still works, haven't dumped anything on my toes yet.
That's the spirit, Toyduck!

Keeping things simple, effective, and inexpensive is the way I have camped since my pup tent.

Some of us still improvise, even invent ways to do things that are even with, and sometimes better than, newer, more expensive gadgets.

The cheap slinky will last a long time if you dont step on it!

I'm known by some as an RV Mutant!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 PM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyduck View Post
I have the cheap red one and cheap blue one. Just upgraded at CW yesterday and bought a cheap adaptor so now I can use both of them together. I wonder if that is illegal?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shaman.. Did you glue the camlock female end to your tank outlet and saw off the nubs from the bayonet ? The installation video suggests a permanent replacement to the bayonet system . That's not a step i'm willing to take at this point . I've had to rely on the old brown ( or blue ) hose and make extra length from time to time. Of course the price of the DrainMaster or Polychute is a consideration also. The price led me to consider the Thetford Smart Drain hose as it is much cheaper.
Weather is getting warmer here at home so I may get a chance to find out what broke in the macerator .
Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by phranc View Post
I am getting ready to replace the old sewer hose ( the stinky slinky).
Two hose systems have caught my eye . One is the Thetford Smart Drain
and the other is the Drainmaster . Sewer Hose Systems | Drain Master
Has anyone used either of these hose products or have an opinion on quality and longevity ?
You will be very disappointed with the Smart Drain from Thetford. Read ALL of the reviews that you can find on the Smart Drain before you spend you good money on it.

However, the Drainmaster System is a proven and well recommended system. For the price it should be and it stands up to the test of time, durability and reliability.

Your choice but my recommendation would be the Drainmaster.

Do I have one, no, as I have so many other types of 3 inch hoses right now that I didn't want to throw all of them away as yet. But when I get down to my last 3 inch SS, the next purchase will be the Drainmaster.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #28

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Dr4Film ,,Thanks for the reply, I was thinking the smart drain may be of lesser quality . I have a EMail out to DrainMaster inquiring if they have an adapter to go from bayonet to their cam lock system