Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 05:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini5362 View Post
If you decide to go this direction go with the line-x versus rhino coating. Rhino coating is a cold process and seems to have some difficulty with running in vertical applications. Line-x is a hot process and seems to stay in place better. When they did my pickup the sides of the bed were perfect.

Thanks for that tip. I'm leaning toward LineX over Rhino. But still thinking about Roof Armor since they'll do the job on site, but don't know if they have colors or will even do the front. I'm going to check this all out when we get to FL. for the winter.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 07:02 AM   #16

I saw the rvroof.Com product at a show in FL. I was impressed & this past spring took our 38'DRV down to FL to have a new roof installed. The warranty is a 20 yr transferable no leak guarantee. You are correct in that it's pricy, but we have no intention of trading our rig& is considerably cheaper than a new one. I also spoke w/several people who had the roof installed & were pleased prior to making our decision.
jimws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimws View Post
I saw the rvroof.Com product at a show in FL. I was impressed & this past spring took our 38'DRV down to FL to have a new roof installed. The warranty is a 20 yr transferable no leak guarantee. You are correct in that it's pricy, but we have no intention of trading our rig& is considerably cheaper than a new one. I also spoke w/several people who had the roof installed & were pleased prior to making our decision.
How long did the process take? Did they, or do they repair any wood problems or just spray over the existing roof? Are the slide roofs sprayed also? We're you able to stay in the coach? I also saw them at the Tampa Super Show last year, but was unable to talk to any of them. Is the roof slippery when wet? Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be the only one who has actually had it done.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
How long did the process take? Did they, or do they repair any wood problems or just spray over the existing roof? Are the slide roofs sprayed also? We're you able to stay in the coach? I also saw them at the Tampa Super Show last year, but was unable to talk to any of them. Is the roof slippery when wet? Sorry for all the questions, but you seem to be the only one who has actually had it done.
I talked to them a few months ago about doing mine. I have a 33' Fleetwood Terra. They quoted me $4800 to remove and reinstall everything on the roof, install all new vents, covers and skylight, and spray the roof. The spray was to go over the existing rubber roof. They said they would need the rig for three days, and that they would work any days of the week to do the job. If there was additional work, such as wood repair, that would cost more.
wydglydrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:21 AM   #19

Unhappy Spray on roof

I am elated to find this discussion! We have 2000 Dutch star and are very attached to it. We are lookin at retirement and full timing in a couple of years. Were beginning to save for new roof. Have had previous leaks from poorly installed ac units so I knew we needed some wood repair. Recently had 2 days of rain in western nc . Went to check on coach and found pretty devastating roof leak. This is going to be an out of pocket repair. Have been researching rvroof.com and re armor. Newmar will take 30 days to even give me an estimate! I'm looking for some feedback on rvroof.com. Also any info or referrals as to where I can get vinyl covered ceiling panels replaced etc. I'm great full this community is out there
Jstone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:40 PM   #20

Spartan Chassis
Spray on roof

We are keeping our 2000 Newmar DSDP. We had a spray-on roof put on by Dependable RV in Madison, MS. Our roof was in bad shape when we bought it. It had a complete rebuild of the roof. Pricey, yes. It is guaranteed for the life of the motorhome, even if it is sold . The warranty is lifetime.

This material that is sprayed on is like "Rhino", but is more flexible. The company is "RvRoof.com." This is guaranteed by the company the has the process patented. If you break the seal on the roof for any reason they will repair it at any of their dealers for free. They are wonderful people to work with. We were told if you have something worked on or replaced on the roof to run it by one of dealers to reseal the break.

It made the coach cooler in the summer and warmer in the cool. The coach has a lot less noise when running down the road.
Not as many rattles.

The roofs that are put on at your place are just rolled or brushed on. The warranty is from the guy putting in the roof, not by the company.
Happy Motoring
Don & Sue
2004 Pilot toad
4Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 PM   #21

Here's a roll on option. This is what I just completed on our roof about 6 weeks ago.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:19 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Fingers View Post
We are keeping our 2000 Newmar DSDP. We had a spray-on roof put on by Dependable RV in Madison, MS. Our roof was in bad shape when we bought it. It had a complete rebuild of the roof. Pricey, yes. It is guaranteed for the life of the motorhome, even if it is sold . The warranty is lifetime.

This material that is sprayed on is like "Rhino", but is more flexible. The company is "RvRoof.com." This is guaranteed by the company the has the process patented. If you break the seal on the roof for any reason they will repair it at any of their dealers for free. They are wonderful people to work with. We were told if you have something worked on or replaced on the roof to run it by one of dealers to reseal the break.

It made the coach cooler in the summer and warmer in the cool. The coach has a lot less noise when running down the road.
Not as many rattles.

The roofs that are put on at your place are just rolled or brushed on. The warranty is from the guy putting in the roof, not by the company.
Happy Motoring
Don & Sue
Just watched some of their videos. I like the system. Good that they remove the A/C units and do a thorough job. I heard them say they can do colors, so maybe they could do the roof rails in the original color to match the coach. I never was able to figure out for sure whether they spray onto bare wood decking. If they have to remove the existing roof to inspect and make repairs to the deck, do they put the old roof back on? I'm wondering if they just spray to the bare wood. The only other concern I have is the weight/ At 3/16" think, this could add some significant weight to the roof. Not sure what that might impact, if anything.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #23

Spartan Chassis
They stripped every thing. Replaced the insulation, redecked it with 1/2" OSB. You can walk all over our roof without having to worry about it. I am a big man and I feel comfortable on it.

Happy Motoring
Don & Sue
2004 Pilot toad
4Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
That is a little pricey. In Florida there's a place called www.rvroofs.com that will do it on my 38' Dutch Star for $3800. But it has a limited warranty. I'm looking for something that has a lifetime warranty. Plus I just found out that RV Roof Armor will come to you and do it on site. I'll have to do a little investigation about that.
RVRoof in Florida did our 38 ft DUTCH STAR about 3 years ago and we are very pleased. I would definately do it again. It is not cheap but if you want a roof you never have to worry about then this is the way to go. They did a great job. All i have to do to our roof now is wash it with a little soap and water and it's bright white. Ours was a lifetime warranty.

Tags
roof