Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 06:00 PM   #1

New Standard Size Queen Memory Foam Mattress

I have a 2006 National Dolphin and I would like to replace the existing standard size ( 60 x 80) mattress with a new 8 inch memory foam. I am limited to an 8 inch thickness as my bed slides under the BR closets by a few inches when the slide is in the travel mode. I am looking for suggestions on the best brand of this size mattress that others have purchased or have experience with. I have looked online at thousands of brands and am getting confused and over whelmed, so I would appreciate any inputs based on others experience. I know from reading several comments on this forum that many people have gone to their local mattress stores to purchase a mattress, but every local store I have visited does not carry the 8 inch size and I will be buying one online. Thanks very much for any suggestions and input.
Dave
dlduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #2

Try Walmart.com. We got a great deal on a new memory foam mattress from them.
Picked it up from local store.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:13 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
We have a natural Latex foam rubber mattress at home and in our MH. You can get the exact density that feels comfortable to you. Ours is three inches thick. I also bought a latex foam rubber topper -2 inches thick- little less dense than the mattress. I searched online for a zippered cover. These mattresses resist mold, mildew and bed bugs. They also breathe well. Our home mattress has a 30 year warranty. Although these are relatively thin, they are very dense and hold up well. I would suggest you test one out yourself.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:32 PM   #4

Look at mattressinsider.com , they are/were an iRV sponsor. We bought a pocketed coil type of mattress from them 3 years ago and have been completely happy. They specialize in RV and other specialty mattresses.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:01 PM   #5
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
Look at mattressinsider.com , they are/were an iRV sponsor. We bought a pocketed coil type of mattress from them 3 years ago and have been completely happy. They specialize in RV and other specialty mattresses.
X2. Really like ours. When we bought current rig it was a deal breaker if they wouldn't let us swap and keep it. The Kool-Jell is really nice.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:22 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Amazon

we bought a new memory foam mattress with Gel foam called Dynasty on Amazon, and we really like it. got it off of amazon including shipping for $360. Here is a link to a article that I wrote with a picture of the mattress.
Mel

Click Here
Old 09-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #7

I'm in the market myself for a queen. The Dynasty mentioned looks pretty good and I also hear good things about the Denver Mattress Supreme Eurotop. The 8" restriction however would not work with those 2 as I think the Dynasty is 10" and the Denver Mattress 11".
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:44 PM   #8

RV Mattress

The RV GEEKS have posted a short video on buying their mattress from Mattress Insider & provide a 10% discount code.
Replacing Our RV Mattress, Plus a 10% Discount on YOUR Next Mattress!
After watching this video you should explore their site & possibly subscribe to their free newsletters.They have many great video's as well as useful product recommendations.They have a great site that benefits all RVers.
Pretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:21 AM   #9

There are a lot of great suggestions here. I will add IKEA as a good source for memory foam mattresses.