Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
New Tiffin 2011 Allegro Bus 43' Tag

Just looked at a new 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' Dealer asking $323k

I must say, this coach looks really nice. Quality

The salesman told me about a story going around.. Of course this came from the salesman...

The story goes that Bob Tiffin provided his own personal Credit Card numbers to a dealer or repair shop to get a Tiffin MH fixed so the RV'er could keep going. It's Tiffiin's after-sale support/service that is making them the nations top RV manufacture. Guess who's getting the hint and following?

This story image is like the Michellin Guy crying over each tire that goes out. He loves each one and each are like his own kids.

People care when you care
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tiffin Allegro Bus 2011.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	9058  

Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Great looking rig! If that $323 is the msrp, I'd be looking for a big big discount.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
It is a very nice coach, no question, and Tiffin has a great reputation. But there are a lot of nice coaches available in that range, and if you're willing to pony up for a new 43-footer, you owe it to yourself to look at all of them.

Also, I don't know what exact words they used, but it's hard to picture by what measure Tiffin would claim to be the "nation's top RV manufacturer." If we're talking # of units, it would have to be limited to some smaller universe, like maybe Class A's or DPs. I think Thor, Fleetwood, Forest River, and Jayco, with their much broader lines of motor homes and towables, sell far more "RVs" than Tiffin.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have heard of Bob Tiffin giving out his CC numbers. That coach should get 25% off MSRP. Go to TiffinRVNetwork for a list of dealers that will give that discount.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I'm guessing the full MSRP on that rig is just north of $380? With that assumption I'd expect a 'cash' price of $285 - $290.

Yes, Tiffin has a great reputation for customer support. Unfortunately, they also seem to have had more need of that support of late. Roofs pealing back and rotted out wet bay floors are a couple of reoccurring themes of late. In every case I've heard of Tiffin is taking care of it, but what a hassle to have to deal with.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Tiffin is great, with great reputation. Although, I would purchase based on floor plan and not the owners credit card. I was going to buy the Phaeton, but the floor plan is really designed for the retired couple. I am in my mid 40s with kids, so ended up with the Fleetwood Discovery, which has one of the best floor plans for families. I think the Allegro Bus is beautiful, just make sure it fits your needs.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
When the dealer said #1. He was talking about in customer satisfaction, maybe? Bob Tiffin does time and again go well past normal customer realations. Back in the 90"s we had a customer who bought a new allegro and headed out west. he blew the trans. in Texas. The customer had it towed to a chevy dealer. The dealer told him chevy was having trouble with the new trans. and it would be up to 8 weeks before they would have a spare. He had planned this trip and purchase for two years, so he was very upset. He called the chevy headquarters, and they told him the same thing. We told him to call Bob Tiffin. Bob had a transmission removed from a new chassis, put it in the back of a pickup truck and had Jack Elliott drive it out to Texas. No other manufacturer would ever do this.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #8

I looked at a new allegro bus 43qrp but they wouldn't deal.Saw a used newmar essex for less money more coach and it has held it's used price value.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #9

My overall impression is that Mr Tiffin is the glue that holds that company together. He comes up time and time again in owners positive comments about the company. But there is also a background of significant technical issues / defects, and some very vocal Tiffin haters.

My impression from looking at the motor homes themselves is that Tiffins fit into the broad group of mid range motor homes and are approximately equal to Winnebago, Newmar, and Fleetwood. When we were shopping for motor homes we looked at new or near new Tiffins I was put off by the poor fitting of basement doors on several coaches I looked at. Fleetwood had the same problem. My Country Coach has no such issues. All the doors are still aligned perfectly and latch when they are dropped from about six inches open. With Tiffins that I looked at you had to push each door to get them to latch.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Bob View Post
My overall impression is that Mr Tiffin is the glue that holds that company together. He comes up time and time again in owners positive comments about the company. But there is also a background of significant technical issues / defects, and some very vocal Tiffin haters.

My impression from looking at the motor homes themselves is that Tiffins fit into the broad group of mid range motor homes and are approximately equal to Winnebago, Newmar, and Fleetwood. When we were shopping for motor homes we looked at new or near new Tiffins I was put off by the poor fitting of basement doors on several coaches I looked at. Fleetwood had the same problem. My Country Coach has no such issues. All the doors are still aligned perfectly and latch when they are dropped from about six inches open. With Tiffins that I looked at you had to push each door to get them to latch.
FWIW, I have to push mine closed too -- but I think that's a good thing. It's because they fit tight against the rubber seal, such that you have to push them enough to compress the seal a little before they latch.

Yours may just be engineered differently.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Prior to purchasing our 2011 Revolution I was really wanting a Bus also, but, really got to looking at the Revolution, then a great deal came up at the Du Quoin Fleetwood Rally and we just could not pass it up. After the sale???? We are still very, very much satisfied with the 42W Revolution and the care American Coach, Fleetwood, has taken to ensure our satisfaction! And the ride, wow!!!

Ron K.

PS
This is after coming from a 2009 Fleetwood Providence 40X which we enjoyed also. So I guess we're staying with the Fleetwood family.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:24 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
777: So Bob doesn't have a company credit card ? Salesman says......Where is Richard Dawson when you need him.

Kerry
Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 AM   #13

So... What happens when the legendary, almost god-like Bob Tiffin retires, sells the company, or simply keels over?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
have allegro bus on order, life has taught ALL things man made will have issues,when and how bad only time will tell. trn the page