Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #1

New Tiffin 32sa disount off of MSRP

Hello. DW and I have decided to purchase a new 32sa. How much of a discount can I expect to get off of the MSRP. We are in the So. Cal region. Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

J
Two4Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #2

You may get better results posting on the Tiffin section of iRV2or go to Tiffin Owners Forum. There are three dealers commonly recommended. Davis Motorhome in TN, Sherman Motorhome in Miss and Ingram in AL. A three will give you a quote online that you can take to your local dealer to match. Usually between 25% to 30% of MSRP. If you local dealer won’t match then take a drive east and purchase from one of the above three.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Can't answer your question but wanted to say hello.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 04:30 PM   #4

try sherman as stated above.

i haven't tried davis...
the dealers in my area don't like to quote.. they like to talk and ask questions.
and then they go talk to their managers and if no one is busy they will get back to you in a few days. maybe.. more likely a different salesman or a manager will call and tell you stuff and want to ask more questions.

i called sherman and on first call. i listed off options and nice lady named carol said i can figure that for you right now!
she did...
and i'm not disclosing now my deal, but above poster is very smart...
i will be driving a long way to pick up my coach. northern mississippi near tupelo and about an hour from tiffin...
by the way, i like your decision to get a 32sa... it's what i just ordered..

so here's my suggestion. go to tiffin and take the tour. then ride over to sherman... then ride or fly back home!

there is a long post at tiffin rv forum about my visit to the factory.
in section about "going to red bay. "
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a current order through Sherman as well. We got our quote from them (Andy) and when presented it to other dealers they could not come close and told me that the offer I had was probably not true.

So we placed our order with Sherman and will fly/drive (we live in the Dominican Republic when not in our MH) to Mississippi to pick up our new coach with smiles on our faces

Do give Sherman a call.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 05:05 AM   #6

A side note on ordering (o buying) a new 32SA..... Ensure you are getting the 24k GVWR / 30k GCWR chassis, the extra capacity is well worth the extra money.

I had thought the 32SA was standard on the 24k/30k, but recent price sheets also show the 22k/26k, so be aware.

The 31SA was standard with the 22k/24k, but many, including us, upgraded to the 24k/30k as well.

The cargo capacity increases ~1500#s (not 2,000) between the 22k/30k and 24k/30k as there are signifcant differences in the chassis, so the 24k chassis weighs 500#s more.

We have traveled extensively in our 31SA, and have never second guessed our decision!

Regards,
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #7

Thank you all for the advice. Now it's just seeing what kinda deal they'll give us!
Two4Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:41 AM   #8

chassis 22/24

betr,
great post...
a dealer has 2 and we were impressed looking briefly one day... the dealer was very busy he said. i went home and looked up the coaches on the internet.
the description included the 24k chassis on their ad.

as i got close to making an offer, i asked for the invoice/window sticker.
it showed a 22k chassis on both units! we politely backed away.
when i think of that dealer i will wonder... was this an accident or an intentional misleading. same error on both coaches. hmmm..

i came close to making an offer on a used unit...that was out of state. only slightly used. beautiful. well equipped.
i asked owner if he had ever had it weighed? and his response was a picture of the weight readout. it read 21400. and owner pointed out that his chassis was the 24,000 with lots of margin for more "stuff."
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin